ATX Community

2012 TaxWise To ATX Conversion Programs Available

Crank

ATX has released the 2012 TaxWise To ATX conversion programs and manuals for both individual and business here http://atxinc.com/conversions/

You will need to download and update the 2012 version of ATX before beginning.

1. Download the appropriate conversion programs (Individual, Business) and manuals

2..Confirm that both 2012 TaxWise & 2012 ATX programs are installed to their default locations on the C: or you will need to adjust for their locations when you run the conversion programs.

3. Install the selected conversion program and run it. Confirming that the locations of both 2012 TaxWise & 2012 ATX are correct.

4. Open 2012 ATX and select Returns>Import>Converted Returns to imported the converted returns into the 2012 ATX program.

It appears that all of my 2012 TaxWise returns were converted and imported into 2012 ATX (individual & business). I spot checked a few returns and basic information appears correct. The conversion instructions state limitations with converting items such as totals, details and various schedules. I have not yet checked items such as depreciation but I dont expect them to convert 100%. Nor have I rolled over any of the converted returns into the 2013 ATX software yet. I prefer to wait for more updates to 2013 before rolling over.

Good luck.