ATX Community

Liberty Tax Service

Booger

Needed a break and looked on their website. Looks like anyone can open a Liberty for $30-60K. You have to pay them a percentage of your gross return fees as well. After this info I am sure all of you will be rushing to get a franchise started so you have have half drunk statue of liberty's outside your office!!! All you need to do is attend a 5 day training course and you are qualified!!! So why did all of us spend years learning how to do this when you can learn everything in 5 days???

I just signed up with them and get to open my office next week. Check out the new avatar.

They are in the Birmingham, Alabama area too. Here's the good news - I've got two Liberty Tax Service franchisees as my clients. It seems that they can prepare the quicky 1040A's and RAL's but they can't prepare the corporate tax returns for their own corporations. So I prepare the corp returns for them. They pay their preparers $5.85 to $7.00 per hour. You can guess the quality of their work product. I also have an independent tax prep service that I do the corporate return for.

Now that's Funny - :lol:

We don't have a Liberty Tax in Manitowoc...yet...saw one in nearby Appleton last year. They were after me when it was only $5K to get a franchise. I actually sat in on one of the telephone seminars and really didn't like it when the guy explained that me role would change from preparer to advertiser...Uhmm wouldn't I have trained in advertising then...LOL.

We don't have a Liberty Tax in Manitowoc...yet...saw one in nearby Appleton last year. They were after me when it was only $5K to get a franchise. I actually sat in on one of the telephone seminars and really didn't like it when the guy explained that me role would change from preparer to advertiser...Uhmm wouldn't I have trained in advertising then...LOL.

We have one in Wausau and according to the letter that I got they are looking to open another one in my end of town (suburban rural)......

Yes - we have them here also in the New York area.

I don't really mind their uniforms. They're harmless.

The group I really detest is the Jackson-Hewitt camp that isn't embarrassed to advertise their service by making a mockery of the ambulance service and humiliating the sick man lying on the stretcher - the ambulance driver boasts of getting her refund loan instantly from a last paystub - and the medical technician attending to the sick guy on the stretcher taking the oxygen mask off and putting it on himself as he is in desperate need because he didn't get his refund quick enough through another preparer.

One of my clients called me from her Baton Rouge office and said Liberty had just brought them 2 dozen doughnuts and asked what I had to offer. Faxed her a sign for her employee bulletin board: "Free baby squirrel to the 1st 5 clients from this office who have their taxes prepared at......." Figured I would kill two birds with one stone so to speak...get rid of the nest of baby squirrels embedded in the wall over my copy machine and stop the insulation and paneling pieces (their Mom is making them very cozy in their nest) from falling into my office!