ATX Community

locked out of MYATX

grandmabee

still locked out of MYATX since Sunday. Faxed for help 3 times all on different days no reply. Anyone know how to get tech support to answer. Call and wait 45 min. still no answer 2 days. and now still on hold going 33 minutes.

I got locked out too, I think over the weekend. Took me forever to get back in, but finally did by keying in NEW client ID, correct User Name (which I had forgotten - finally found), and new password. When we got software it said you would have to change password every 45 days. I guess mine was up, but there was no "prompt" to change it. Just got frozen out. Sometime with all the input I was trying I think I tried to reset my password. Don't know if this did anything or not. When I put in the correct info, it worked.

Damn, I just tried to go in, and hell if I can't remember my password. I have three different ones I use alot, and can't remember which one it was. Iknow better now than to click 'I forgot my password' because it will reset with my installation code; but its not the code on your paperwork from ATX. Which necessitates a phone call. Oh good! I found it!!!

Damn, I just tried to go in, and hell if I can't remember my password. I have three different ones I use alot, and can't remember which one it was. Iknow better now than to click 'I forgot my password' because it will reset with my installation code; but its not the code on your paperwork from ATX. Which necessitates a phone call. Oh good! I found it!!!

I think it said you could use any previous year's installation code too. I think this was one of the things I did. Also I got an email from them today saying my password was reset on Sunday, and if I didn't do it to contact them. This does not sound like the "automatic" thing it was supposed to be. And what is the point of it? The only thing you cannot get into is them! I can still use the program, download updates, etc. etc. I just cannot contact Tech support. What a way to run a business.

I am in the same boat! This is totally frustrating..... I have tried to re-set the password and still can't get in. I am trying to find out when various forms are due to be released. I still don't have many of the local tax returns and have so many people on hold. I guess this their way of not having to deal with us. Lock us out and don't answer the phone, fax or email either, huh? What a total lack of customer service this year. And now I see we are supposed to CHANGE the pass word every 45 days?! Like I have time for this kind of frustration..... No wonder it is 2:30 in the morning and I am still working ;~(

I called Support (on hold for only 25 min). He walked me thru the process. When the password is reset, you sign in as Admin, use your activation code as password; then go thru the rest of the stuff. BUT, in my case, the activation code they had on file was 1 digit different than the code on my shipping slip. So, therefore, I would never have gotten back in. Although, the code on my shipping slip did get the software installed. So, do we have to go thru this fiasco every 45 days? And, I guess, my question is WHY?

I've been intrigued and puzzled by all the problems so many have been having with MyATX. I finally figured out why I have not experienced any of this.

On my "Favorites" list in IE, I have ATX KB. I do check there first whenever I have a problem to avoid the dreaded tech support phone marathon. And I check the other tabs about efiling and forms, etc. Well, I realized today that I never logged out after making it a favorite. It seems since I am always logged in, I have somehow bypassed the 45 day new password requirement and who knows what other issues.

Now, don't tell anyone at the gates of ATX or I am screwed! But this just might be something that could help someone else. And please don't tell me if I am violating every rule about the principle of logins, etc. This works for me!

I've been intrigued and puzzled by all the problems so many have been having with MyATX. I finally figured out why I have not experienced any of this.

On my "Favorites" list in IE, I have ATX KB. I do check there first whenever I have a problem to avoid the dreaded tech support phone marathon. And I check the other tabs about efiling and forms, etc. Well, I realized today that I never logged out after making it a favorite. It seems since I am always logged in, I have somehow bypassed the 45 day new password requirement and who knows what other issues.

Now, don't tell anyone at the gates of ATX or I am screwed! But this just might be something that could help someone else. And please don't tell me if I am violating every rule about the principle of logins, etc. This works for me!

I hate to bust your bubble, but I never log out either, yet every 45 days I have to resign in and that's when I'm hit you must change your password.

So that fact that you have never had to doesn't seem right, but then again there is a lot of things about the software and ATX that doesn't seem right this year!

Deb!

I hate to bust your bubble, but I never log out either, yet every 45 days I have to resign in and that's when I'm hit you must change your password.

My question is, are you getting a prompt to change it? I didn't. Just couldn't get in. BTW, I don't ever logout either.

My 45 days would be up end of this week. So, tried to Reset Password. Of course, I apparently totally screwed up the process. Can't get anywhere. I just get to the point where it asks for the 'Answer to My Secret Question'. Never had a Secret Question. Now what?

Diane, say the secret woid and win $100 (remember "You Bet Your Life?)

Booger

When I called in, my installation code was off by one number too. And now when I check in, the installation code online matches the one they gave me over the phone, not the one I actually used to install the software. Wrote both of them down. Found where I wrote my password down. Whew. Now I just gotta remember to change the password.

Okay, for fun I tried to find where to update my information to see if I could change my password now and get it over with. So on the Contact information page, I see my login and 8 little stars for my password. Son of a gun! My Jan. 8 password is 12 characters long. The 8 stars is my very old password.

Next I tried to search around for other new info and looked into E-File status, going where I've never gone before (fear and trembling). I tried myself and couldn't be found so tried a client who had been accepted. That info came up nicely. At the lower right corner was a help prompt and something to click on about a database. Curious me, I clicked on it.

Next thing I get a message saying that my email (Huh?) was sent and I should check on the Taxwise Ack.../InterviewPlus... Sooooo, I just sent what is to be sure an unanswered email asking about this and how do I check it when I am not a Taxwise customer. I also asked if I, as an ATX customer, am unworthy.

I am still waiting, 24 and 48 hours now, for earlier email responses to why, if the 94X issues are resolved, I still have 2 validated 94X's sitting around waiting for an ack. Hmmmmm....