ATX Community

ATX COMMUNITY

michaelmars

I had to delete my cookies because of an issue with another site and now this board will not longer automatically log me in as it used to. Not a big deal but does anyone [eric] have any ideas? I log in and check the box to remember me but it doesn't.

thanks.

So tell your browser to allow this site to save cookies. You no doubt have the default set to block cookies, but all browsers allow you to create 'exceptions' to that.

After logging in, try saving a new link to the site in bookmarks or favorites. That has worked for me in the past when I've had the same problem with other sites. I've never run into it on this site though.

This is what I do and I can log in at any time by clicking on Favorites.

I have made no changes regarding accessing the site since last season too.

and I have other sites where it remembers me and I don't have to log in.

BUT small potatoes .

I am more concerned about how SLOW ATX is still this year. I thought that was something they were working on for improvement.

Are you running a standalone or a network? Do you have more than one anti-virus program? If you have a router, do you have all your software firewalls turned off? Are you using WIN7PRO operating system with 4GB or RAM? Do you have any "Internet Security Suite" software running? These items all affect how fast your computer, network and the program runs.

In my experience and use so far, the program is faster than 2012. You can forget the program ever being as fast as 2011, not gonna happen. The characteristics of 2011 and prior that made them faster to use, were the same characteristics that were the cause of its demise.

• Like 2

After logging in, try saving a new link to the site in bookmarks or favorites. That has worked for me in the past when I've had the same problem with other sites. I've never run into it on this site though.

I just tried this and it worked but will see after a reboot later on. As for the other suggestions, I didn't change any settings about security or cookies etc. As it turns out I am having the same issues with other programs in that they aren't even remembering my user name.

IE10 stopped working for me, not remembering user names and passwords, closing, not working with one of my client's mail programs and not with one of my message boards, etc., so I upgraded to IE11 which did NOT solve the problems. I now use Chrome.

Every time MS updated their programs, IE got worse.

• Like 2

Are you running a standalone or a network? Do you have more than one anti-virus program? If you have a router, do you have all your software firewalls turned off? Are you using WIN7PRO operating system with 4GB or RAM? Do you have any "Internet Security Suite" software running? These items all affect how fast your computer, network and the program runs.

In my experience and use so far, the program is faster than 2012. You can forget the program ever being as fast as 2011, not gonna happen. The characteristics of 2011 and prior that made them faster to use, were the same characteristics that were the cause of its demise.

standalone, I think I only have avg anti-virus. I don't know about my router and I am using win7 but it's not PRO. I don't know if I have internet security suite software running. I am going to see if you can help me on Saturday

jklcpa, on 29 Jan 2014 - 1:25 PM, said:snapback.png

I just tried this and it worked but will see after a reboot later on. As for the other suggestions, I didn't change any settings about security or cookies etc. As it turns out I am having the same issues with other programs in that they aren't even remembering my user name.

This worked, I deleted and resaved my shortcuts on my favorite bar and now everything is as it should be, thank you all for the help and suggestions.