ATX Community

2013 ATX State Efile

Crank

I cant figure out how to mark the State return as being efiled. There is no refund or tax owed. It continues to show up on the client instructions as being mailed. I know I am probably missing something obvious. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Are you asking about how to change the wording of the client letter?

I think its an issue with this particular return. The other returns I have done that are not ready for efile are fine, even zero due returns. But this return has all the state efile documents included and completed however, the client letter states that the return must be mailed. Ive gone over every form multiple times and dont see anything incorrect or missing. I think I have to call tech support on this one. Thank you for the replies.

Well after nearly two hours with tech support all i got was that it's an issue that has occurred a "few times" and they elevated the issue and took a copy of the file.

Jack, I tried deleting the letter, closing/opening the return and re-adding the client letter it but no luck. Thanks.

Poking a zombie post here.

With this one return, have you attempted to create the state e-file yet? I did not see if you had done so or not - it was not written out - but the ATX program uses the Client Letter selections by one thing: e-file instances. If no e-file has been created, the client letter, by default, states to mail it in. If you create the e-file, the letter states that the return will be e-filed upon the return of signature forms. If return is accepted, client letter states that as well.

Yes the efile was created and it didnt change the client letter from stating to mail it. I found the deleting ALL client letters, closing and reopening the return and then adding back ALL client letters then editing the state letter to change the option from "let ATX decide" to "the return will be efiled" worked. But only if done in this order. ATX still has not responded on the issue.