ATX Community

Return still only shows "Transmitted to EFC"

Janitor Bob

I transmitted 4 returns yesterday morning. Three have Fed and OH Acceptance...but one still shows "Transmitted to EFC"....not even "Transmitted to Agency" yet....Other returns that I have transmitted since then (yesterday afternoon and last evening) have IRS Acceptance as well....but the one return still shows only transmitted to EFC. I am not one to panic about getting ACKs this time of year, but I'm getting nervous about this one...in part, because it is my personal return.....I wish someone at ATX would check into it and advise.

:poop:

Another trick to try is to make a change to the return -- ANY change, even printing a page. Then save the return. That will set the e-file already "sent" as "REJECTED" (because you changed the return). Then you'll be able to re-create and re-efile.

I think that only works if the return's status is "created" but has not yet been transmitted to EFC. Once the program thinks it's transmitted, the only other reject would be if it made it to the IRS and had reject codes.

Confirmed by Tech Support....duplicate the return, transmit the "new" e-file...good to go.....SOOOO...if you have any e-files that appear to be stuck in a status of "Transmitted to EFC", check the ATX web site e-file status. If the return info does not appear, then your e-file was never actually received by EFC. You will need to duplicate the return and create / transmit the e-file from the new duplicate return.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
Just now, Sharon Eldred said:

I'm having the same issue as this guy and I didn't look at the date on the posting.

Yes, I know, and you are better off following the advice that rfassett gave you in the post this morning, as that advice came directly from the ATX support site.