ATX Community

Transfer PAYER MANAGER to new computer?

Ranger

Is anyone aware of a way to transfer the "payer manager" data base from one computer to another? I am setting up a new computer. ATX support was walking me through the process and I ended with an Excell spreadsheet.

The problem is that it appears each item has to be copied and pasted to the payer manager from the spreadsheet. That is not worth the time and trouble!

Thanks for any comments you might have.

Are you saying if you restore only one return it will transfer over "all" the payer information from the old computer? I don't think it works that way. In the past I have restored 1 or 2 returns at a time to my laptop without the entire payer data base transfering over.

Tech support is supposed to call me back this morning. Hope they can figure it out. One reason I stayed with ATX was to keep the payer data.

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks for your response Jack.

I don't see any options to transfer payer data base in Rollover Manager for 2013. As suggested by Izzet, I tried a single return export/import and it only transferred the payer information for that particular taxpayer as in the past.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your response Jack.

I don't see any options to transfer payer data base in Rollover Manager for 2013. As suggested by Izzet, I tried a single return export/import and it only transferred the payer information for that particular taxpayer as in the past.

Am I missing something?

I did not say import/export. I specifically stated backup/restore. When you restore just one return, out of the entire back up process, it is supposed to restore all payers, in the backup file, to populate the entire payer manager. But let me ask for more info.

Are you moving ATX 2012 or 2013 from one computer to another? As well, if this is ATX 2012, do a backup of the entire program, into a folder on a flashdrive. As Jack has pointed out repeatedly, and from personal experiences with the program, the default backup is very susceptible to corruption.

*For clarification, backup/restore IS NOT import/export. Backing up the returns entails, while being on Return Manager, selecting the menu option Returns, and selecting 'Backup Returns'.*

Thanks for your reply and clarification Izzet.

My first attempt was to bring the 2012 data over to my new computer so I could start rolling over and using on the 2013 program. I had an ATX rep walk me through the process that was suppose to transfer the payer data as well. That did not happen and she conneted me with technical support. He had to unistall the 2013 software and client files from the new computer. That took him awhile.

Then he started a new process to bring over the client data and the payer data. At that point it was three hours since I had placed the call and I had to leave, so he said he would call back the next morning at 7:30 my time. Instead he called back an hour early while I was out!

At this point I am going to call ATX later in the day when I have nothing better to do for a couple of hours unless someone here can point me in the right direction. The objective is to transfer my client data and payer data to the new computer and get started on the 2013 program.