ATX Community

printer problem..progam or printer?

ljwalters

I am having problems with my printer trying to print the preparer copy. It prints a couple of pages and then just runs with the receiving data message on the little screen but doesn't actually print any more. I have to turn the printer off and cancel the print job on the computer before turning it back on.

Is anyone else having this type of issue?

I have an HP Laser jet 4100N. It is about 12 yrs old now. But I don't want to buy a new one if I don't have to.

Just trying to find out if it is the printer or the program, printer works fine with all my other programs.

Also, Is there a way to change the margins on the forms?

I had the same issue with that model printer earlier this year. I went to the HP site and downloaded the updated drivers for it and installed it as a different printer. Works fine now.

This. It also depends on your computer operating system. if you are running that printer on a new Windows 8 or 8.1, there is a good possibility the proper driver for the older printers does not exist. Most HP drivers come through Windows updates these days, and for printers more than 10-15 years old, HP never constructed a driver to work properly on Windows 8.

Unfortuantely, when you print from ATX, it is extremely reliant on the driver installed in the computer, and if there is not a driver, the print job will fail.