ATX Community

Adware removal

ILLMAS

I don't know what happened but I notice I am getting a bunch of pop-up ads this morning, so far I ran Windows Defenders and Symantec Endpoint Protection and it's not picking up anything, I checked under programs (install and uninstall) and I see nothing. Can someone recommend a program to get rid of this adware.

Thanks

MAS

FYI I use mozilla

I had an adware infestation on my laptop (mostly personal use) about 6 months ago.

It prevented me from downloading any program to remove it, including Malwarebytes.

I had to take it to my tech to get it removed.

I found out later that malwarebytes has a download special option available for just this situation.

I was getting a lot. I have Norton...and they still got thru. However I called Norton and they did something to get rid of them. This happened 3 times from Non- Jan.

I hate to say it...but it always started when I clicked on links in this forum. Now I just use my iPad here.

I don't believe it's this forum. I've clicked on just about every link, and I haven't had any pop ups appearing in either browser.

• Like 1

I don't believe it's this forum. I've clicked on just about every link, and I haven't had any pop ups appearing in either browser.

I'm just reporting what was happening.

When Norton wanted me to test if they were removed I came back to this forum, clicked on a link.....and got all those underlined words that, if you put the mouse on...gave me even more ads.

Maybe it wasn't from this forum....I mean I was coming here for months w/o issue...but since Nov..lots of issues that I noticed as soon as I used this site.

I have AVG, but it didn't stop them.

I installed and ran Malwarebytes (freee version) and it looks like it solved the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have AVG also, but running Malwarebytes every few days or so takes care of the stuff that slips through. Also, CC Cleaner, another free program, once a month or as needed.