ATX Community

13.4.2?

Abby Normal

Jack, do you think I should have waited?

No. Install them as soon as they are available.

We had a 10 minute issue at the firm when 13.4.1 was installed yesterday. No issues during or after the install midday today.

1080 clients and 1,500 efiles. 556 accepted e-files. Transmitted 60 more today.

This season is making me forget the horrors of 2012.

• Like 1

Did you update from within the program or download from the site? I've been updating from within the program all season, no problems. Some horror stories on the official board. I'm still at 3.4.0.23, but I'm having issues with memory hogging. apparently every time I save, usage goes up, and fast. since I save a lot, system resources get maxed out quite quickly. I had two program crashes last night, but both were on the same issue, a K-1 with too many characters in the address field (which was fine last year...)

Did you update from within the program or download from the site? I've been updating from within the program all season, no problems. Some horror stories on the official board. I'm still at 3.4.0.23, but I'm having issues with memory hogging. apparently every time I save, usage goes up, and fast. since I save a lot, system resources get maxed out quite quickly. I had two program crashes last night, but both were on the same issue, a K-1 with too many characters in the address field (which was fine last year...)

I do all updates from within the program. I have all workstations set to check for updates when the program is opened. Each workstation is left on 24/7. Each morning, each workstation is rebooted. Each workstation gets rebooted at lunch. The night shift reboots when supper break happens. Total down time for ATX this season is now up to 1 hour 15 minutes since Feb. 1. Had a hardware mechanical issue with the server yesterday which was not related to ATX.

Do you have a standalone or a network?

Updated this morning without any problems. Although there was what seemed like several minutes of anxiety where it appeared nothing was happening during the install on my workstation/server. It installed much faster on my workstations. 13.4.2.35 is my new version. Is that what all of you have?