ATX Community

Where Credit Is Due

mcb39

This may be ill-timed and unnecessary, but with 9 ATX icons on my desktop, going back to 1999; I have to say to all the complainers that my program has never run smoother or more correctly than this year. Every day I find little tweaks that make things easier. The client letter is much more user friendly; the downloads are fast and flawless; even with my slow dialup and forms are opening automatically that you used to have to go after (ie 8880 for instance). After the first time, I have no trouble getting into My ATX, which doesn't mean that I like or condone the new login, but some things you just have to deal with. Did you know that you can still click on the "refund" box in the upper right hand corner to bring up the Tax Summary sheet for new clients. It is automatically rolling over for the the old clients.

I cannot address the support issue because I have never had to call support more than once in a single year. I had my call early on this year in regard to login and was assisted quickly and politely. Other than that, my "support" has always been this Community board and the KB in that order. Kudos to ERC for bringing us all back together and keeping us here. We cannot thank you enough.

If this is ATX's last year, it is a good one. If they go down, I probably will too as I cannot afford more expensive software with my one person in home office. This would, indeed, be unfortunate for my growing client base.

I just want to add to KC's request that the bickering stop, the slurs stop and some of the borderline language should maybe stop also. Let's try to get along, let's try to help each other and let's hope for better days to come; while at the same time appreciating what we have NOW>...... :rolleyes:

You people are lucky and more power to you. But imagine you were trying to e-file MN returns...Yesterday was our first day and that was after being told on Wed to start e filing and ALL were rejected so we had to re-create them all. Frustration has to be vented somewhere and who better understands our frustration?

Thank you again for this forum. After this past week I have made another donation to our cause. I couldn't have made it thru this past week alone! So if things are going well with you, enjoy as some of us aren't as lucky and this board is just not for friendly words but words of advice and support. If it doesn't apply to you, ignore it. This is for sure my last year with ATX/Taxwise?CCH. I only hope I make it thru this year...which started yesterday. I can only imagine what Monday will bring with the filing of the 5 forms beginning.

You people are lucky and more power to you. But imagine you were trying to e-file MN returns...Yesterday was our first day and that was after being told on Wed to start e filing and ALL were rejected so we had to re-create them all. Frustration has to be vented somewhere and who better understands our frustration?

Thank you again for this forum. After this past week I have made another donation to our cause. I couldn't have made it thru this past week alone! So if things are going well with you, enjoy as some of us aren't as lucky and this board is just not for friendly words but words of advice and support. If it doesn't apply to you, ignore it. This is for sure my last year with ATX/Taxwise?CCH. I only hope I make it thru this year...which started yesterday. I can only imagine what Monday will bring with the filing of the 5 forms beginning.

Everyone here knows how you feel. There were years when WI e-file was not ready until nearly Mar 1. I had to do the Fed and file it through the program and go to the WI DOR website and file the state on WI Free File. There were many years when I worked for another Accountant who used ProSeries and there were always problems and holdups. I also have MN returns waiting to file as I have MN clients as well as WI clients who have to file MN because their employers did not follow the reciprocity rules. Many times we have to work around things. We have a long season ahead of us and this is the place to find the fixes and workarounds. Vent if you must and, of course, we all understand.

This may be ill-timed and unnecessary, but with 9 ATX icons on my desktop, going back to 1999; I have to say to all the complainers that my program has never run smoother or more correctly than this year. Every day I find little tweaks that make things easier. The client letter is much more user friendly; the downloads are fast and flawless; even with my slow dialup and forms are opening automatically that you used to have to go after (ie 8880 for instance). After the first time, I have no trouble getting into My ATX, which doesn't mean that I like or condone the new login, but some things you just have to deal with. Did you know that you can still click on the "refund" box in the upper right hand corner to bring up the Tax Summary sheet for new clients. It is automatically rolling over for the the old clients.

I agree. But you really do need to upgrade from dial up. Whew.

Kentucky passed a ludicrous tax reform law a couple of years ago (only to revert back after 2 years). There were a lot of new forms and form changes. I've only used ATX and they were late getting a lot of forms ready. I don't know if other programs were faster, but I realized these things happen. Good luck to all the MN people. Hopefully, it'll be smooth from here on out.

On the brighter side, for once in my life even with windchills of -51 this morning, I am happy I'm NOT living in Hawaii! They are still in PATS testing and "hoping" for a 2/12 release. Of course if I lived in Hawaii, I would find something better to do than taxes during the winter months..... :lol:

I agree. But you really do need to upgrade from dial up. Whew.

Kentucky passed a ludicrous tax reform law a couple of years ago (only to revert back after 2 years). There were a lot of new forms and form changes. I've only used ATX and they were late getting a lot of forms ready. I don't know if other programs were faster, but I realized these things happen. Good luck to all the MN people. Hopefully, it'll be smooth from here on out.

As I have stated many times before, nothing else is available to me at the present time. I live in a small rural pocket that has DSL and Cable all around us; but not available here. We are working on it, but actually, most of the time I am fine with my accelerated dialup. And, Satellite is NOT an option..... :)