ATX Community

NT - I am ________________

Ray in Ohio

I am................... Just paying off all the credit card balances that build up over the slow months of 1 oct-jan. Monday I pay my own extensions and just sit here answering questions from clients that had their returns for weeks but only look at them on the 14th and 15th. then off to Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!! first time there.

I REALLY look forward to your vegas (lucky 13!) review.

I bet you have been to atlantic city many times. so vegas should be no big deal. except, as they say...

"what happens in vegas, stays in vegas", unless you choose to share with us. I hope so.

danger, will robinson!!! watch out for a Hangover (movie) scenario.

is alan/zach galifianakis involved in your trip?

I am Happy. Yesterday, we had the office doors open for fresh air, clients picking up returns; silly humor from being tired; AND I found a fantastic new office to relocate to. Just a few more days . . . :P

That's great news. Relocating is always a real pain. I once had to move across the street [long story] and was amazed that even tho we sent a letter to all our clients, I lost some because they "could not find you". As they told me the next year when we moved back, and they did find me! Go figure!

• Like 1

I am ............................relieved.

Two ready-to file's left, both to be picked up Monday. Six extensions ready to go but waiting for 8878's or bank info for payments. Phew! I can go give my talk tomorrow afternoon (yeah, I know, timing is horrid but I didn't set the bleeping/frikkin date) without being utterly frantic.

Hallelujah!

• Like 2

Warning:Rant ahead! I am........... amazed at the number of married couples that apparently hate each other and don't bother to hide it when they come see me.

I about jumped over my desk and punched them both out. I am tired, crabby and so don't want to hear them bitch and moan about each other and their problems. I have had several couples this year that were positively oozing hate or disgust when they came in. Suck it up until you get out of here and then go at it!

• Like 6

"Remind me about this comment next year!" :)

I'm down to two! Both going on extensions..... So I'm sitting back and

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

Listening to you all! :lol:

Remember I'm half blind so don't throw the rocks too hard lol!

I must of spilled my popcorn! Had 3 long ones come in on Friday, each extended and 1 easy late Saturday. Easy one be out the door, others still don't have everything they need. Had a nice little rush at the end so overall I'm happy.

Happy Belated Birthday to KC and the Forum.

• Like 1

Running on adrenalin! "Zausted" I like that... Had to take my husband to ER Monday nite... slept in hospital everynight until I got him home Thursday.

My family and friends are playing tag team with me taking care of him at home.

Ah, April, What fun! He kept saying as he was having shortness of breath: That's, Ok, don't worry about me, I can wait till after the 15th.

I told him "get in the car". Got his heart settled down... but many Dr appts to come rest of the month. Ugh...

Taxtrio

Pam

• Like 3

Running on adrenalin! "Zausted" I like that... Had to take my husband to ER Monday nite... slept in hospital everynight until I got him home Thursday.

My family and friends are playing tag team with me taking care of him at home.

Ah, April, What fun! He kept saying as he was having shortness of breath: That's, Ok, don't worry about me, I can wait till after the 15th.

I told him "get in the car". Got his heart settled down... but many Dr appts to come rest of the month. Ugh...

Taxtrio

Pam

Yikes! Glad you took him to the ER. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks! My husband is 86 years old and had a stroke 11 years ago. We have been married 43 years and he has been with me thru over 35 tax season's.

He has been basically in his Hoveround now for the last 4 years, and now his heart started acting up! (not a heart attack, but Congestive heart failure with afib) Always something new each year. We just take life a day at a time these days... Be glad to spend more time with him later next week.

Pam

• Like 3

Thanks! My husband is 86 years old and had a stroke 11 years ago. We have been married 43 years and he has been with me thru over 35 tax season's.

He has been basically in his Hoveround now for the last 4 years, and now his heart started acting up! (not a heart attack, but Congestive heart failure with afib) Always something new each year. We just take life a day at a time these days... Be glad to spend more time with him later next week.

Pam

I hope you get to spend time with him soon, and that his heart issues are controlled for a long time to come. Prayers with you.

Pam

I've been through it, Pam, and totally understand. You will never regret taking the time to be with him while you still can. My prayers for you both will be continuing.

Pam -- prayers for your husband (and for you as well) for a full and speedy recovery.

I have a new one to add to the mix today: at 1AM, my computer crashed and standard restart did NOT work. Was too exhausted to try safe mode and haven't had the courage to try yet. I had to give a talk today (timing was horrid but I wasn't in charge of the schedule) so was planning to take today off anyway but I am more than a tad bit concerned about what happens in the morning when I try to restart the problem computer (my MAIN one, of course!) in the morning.

In the meantime, I have clients whining about "do I need to make a payment?" (gee, shoulda asked me TWO WEEKS AGO when I filed the extensions you requested) and "I didn't get an email that my state return was accepted" -well Drake doesn't send an automatic email with state returns, just federal -- and those records are on the other machine.

It will all wait until I get that machine up and running. Fortunately I can file my last remaining extensions over here on this machine.

Oh, Catherine, I'm sorry. In the middle of the night last night, the big return I was working on would not save. The data seemed to be there except for the HSA I'd just revised. But, the few things I knew to try didn't work; and the return didn't appear in the lists I knew about. And, I needed it to be right to do kiddie tax for the kids. I skipped church and called tech support, and the problem seems to be solved for now. In fact, he solved a problem with my not being able to create new folders that I was going to call my local IT guy about in a week. But, there was the year I bought this computer when it malfunctioned until the end of March when they finally believed me and replaced most of the insides. Computers are time savers when working right but huge time wasters when they fail. The best of luck to you tomorrow.

• Like 1

Pam -- prayers for your husband (and for you as well) for a full and speedy recovery.

I have a new one to add to the mix today: at 1AM, my computer crashed and standard restart did NOT work. Was too exhausted to try safe mode and haven't had the courage to try yet. I had to give a talk today (timing was horrid but I wasn't in charge of the schedule) so was planning to take today off anyway but I am more than a tad bit concerned about what happens in the morning when I try to restart the problem computer (my MAIN one, of course!) in the morning.

In the meantime, I have clients whining about "do I need to make a payment?" (gee, shoulda asked me TWO WEEKS AGO when I filed the extensions you requested) and "I didn't get an email that my state return was accepted" -well Drake doesn't send an automatic email with state returns, just federal -- and those records are on the other machine.

It will all wait until I get that machine up and running. Fortunately I can file my last remaining extensions over here on this machine.

Praying for you, Cat, that it gets fixed early today. What a bummer, but better here at the end than a week ago, I guess.

Ok -- GREAT news. It got itself into a snit with the "sleep" mode and I had to do some hi-jinks with discharging capacitors. Booted fine and hardware checks out OK. Will run some more advanced diagnostics late this week. But it all seems to work fine now. Phew!!

I did spend the morning in "safe" mode extracting all my files so I could work from the other machine if need be.

And I learned how to back up and restore from networked drives using Drake so that's good too.

Oh, hallelujah! Thanks for the prayers - they certainly helped!

• Like 3