ATX Community

why can't we get acknowlegements now when we need them....

schirallicpa

Because so many people wait till the last day. It only gets worse each year.

Here in Ohio, there is a large company that takes care of hundreds of cities tax returns. RITA. They just announced that they are extending the deadline till Monday due to their systems not able to handle the large rush.

http://www.cleveland.com/brecksville/index.ssf/2014/04/rita_will_extend_filing_deadli.html

• Like 1

So should I be alarmed that I efiled my last two returns (one around noon and the other around 4) and yet both are still showing "transmitted to agency" at 10:15 p.m.?

I checked the atx support and I can see that they were both sent to the IRS. Will there be a penalty if the returns are not marked "accepted" before midnight?

Sorry if these are newbie questions.....

Thanks!

So should I be alarmed that I efiled my last two returns (one around noon and the other around 4) and yet both are still showing "transmitted to agency" at 10:15 p.m.?

I checked the atx support and I can see that they were both sent to the IRS. Will there be a penalty if the returns are not marked "accepted" before midnight?

Sorry if these are newbie questions.....

Thanks!

Transmitted is the key. The return is time stamped when ATX receives it from you. Not to worry.

• Like 1

Here is the latest....

Updated 4-16-2014 at 9:30am

Efiles sent by the midnight deadline April 15th were sent timely to the agencies.
Please be patient as the agencies struggle to deliver acks for this enormous last day volume.
Two-thirds of the federal acks for returns sent April 15th have been received and delivered to the EROs.
The remaining one-third of our federal acks will be delivered throughout the day today and possibly even tomorrow. IRS is still well within their published ack processing times; we continue to access their site every few minutes to pull down available acks.
State acks will also be delayed, possibly even until Friday or Monday.
Also be aware that you could see acks processed out of order and this is to be expected. You could see state acks before federal acks. You could see acks for returns sent later in the day before you receive acks for returns sent earlier in the day.

NOTE: Use the Efile Status tool on the Solution Center to view real-time status.

• Like 1