ATX Community

renewal for 2014

jshtax

My business for 2013 tax season suffered loss due to the issues of ATX2012. Despite my best efforts, I lost about 20 clients.

As I predicted a year ago, the effects of the trash program would follow us for at least 2 years.

As a result, I am looking very skeptically at the simple 10% normal early renewal discount I have been offered as an insult to my professionalism and intelligence. This year was FAR better than last year, but ATX/CCH has yet to deliver a program that is nearly as stellar as it was in 2011. CCH management has no clue how the trainwreck of 2012 is still costing us money and clients.

Rollovers this year would not rollover all fixed asset information. Now this problem may not be here for 2014, if they have standardized the data storage protocols.

CCH is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth i.e. the lack of quality tech support. Same song second verse from last year. I managed to make myself such a nuisance that I could send an e-mail and get a call if I had an issue. This is NOT the typical tech support response for most ATX users.

I am on the fence again. At the firm, we will probably not change due to the extensive resistance of the preparers here at the firm to adapt to the totally different methods of other softwares. I, however have no trouble adapting whatsoever and changing is on my plate of consideration again.

CCH is going to have to be even more forthcoming about next season to sway me. Currently on the fence and do NOT have any reason to be pressured one way or the other.

I guess all my public relations actions this year have had no meaning to anyone there.

Film at 11.

• Like 5

I have had three phone calls and an e-mail about renewing. In fact, my rep called again today. I told her that I needed more time to think about it, especially in view of the $85 increase in price. I don't think that it should be my onus to pay for the mistakes of others. The fact that they delivered this year does not make up for the frustrations of 2012; especially when they deny that there were all sorts of different discounts for different folks in 2013. Basically, the squeaky wheel got greased. If you didn't complain enough in 2012, they just assume that you didn't have any issues. Also, I never even installed my "reward" for beta testing 2013. None of the choices were of any value to me.

• Like 2

I have not heard anything from them, either. I was actually pleasantly suprised that I didn't get those early morning phone calls in the first 1/2 of April. I'm considering renewing since this year was so much better than last. However, after hearing about the $85 price increase, I may have to think about it some more. I have a small practice that I hope will get smaller. I'm starting on the long road to retirement. So price is a big consideration for me. My practice is not yet small enough to go to pay-per-return.

trust me, the learning curve from atx to proseries wasn't hard at all. by the 3rd day last year, it was as if I never used anything else. And when you have an operations question, you get a live, knowledgeable person in less than 5 minutes. At long as I have my5 year discount I will not go back to atx. Who knows what will be after that.

In 2 seasons, no crashes, no hangups, no rejections that couldn't be fixed with a few clicks. much better diagnostics and much better federal, state linking. No rollover issues. Worse letters but with Efiling, the clients don't look at the letters anyway. only once this year did I have a reject due to not having the most up to date form.

• Like 1

They have a bunch of hood rats working there now. I can't get a call from anyone at ATX after telling ATX Catherine or someone that they were full of shit and they can take their terms of service agreement and shove it up their asses.

Hahahaha, I know this is serious, but Tom, you should be afraid of jshtax, not me. :o

Crying.

• Like 1

atx_logo_2.png Email not displaying correctly?

View it in your browser.

Renew Now for the Best Price of the Year

We here at CCH Small Firm Services would like to sincerely thank you for your business this year. We hope this tax season has been a successful one for you and your business. You are a key member of our team, and we look forward to providing you software for many years to come.

During this past year, we successfully focused on increasing overall product performance. For the upcoming season, our top priorities will be three key fundamentals that ATX customers have told us are most important:

• Continuing to improve performance of ATX - so you can be efficient in your busiest time of the year.
  • Making sure ATX is intuitive and easy to use - so you can focus on what you do best, tax compliance.
  • Tools to help you grow your business - so you can serve a diverse client base and provide services that your clients will value.

Your renewal price includes a discount that expires May 31st, so make sure you CALL TODAY to get the best price of the year! You can reach your Account Manager at

800-495-4626 to review your renewal notice.

If you would like to renew your current package online, enter offers.cchsfs.com into your browser, or click the Renew Now button below.

Button_ATX_Renew_Now_Big.jpg
atx_group_photo_flat.png

© 2014 CCH Small Firm Services. All rights reserved.

225 Chastain Meadows Court NW, Suite 200 | Kennesaw, Georgia 30144 USA

Update Your Email Preferences

They hit me really early on the renewal subject; both with phone and e-mail. I think they were sure that I would sign immediately. I haven't for a couple of personal reasons which I am discussing with ATX reps. Of course, I am getting nowhere fast. They don't care that I had serious issues with the beta program. They are adamant that nobody is going to get special consideration this year. So they say, but I beg to differ as I have seen posts to the contrary; such as two and three year renewal deals. The squeakiest wheels got the grease and those of us who were faithful and supportive of them are told to go sit in the corner and play like nice little kids. I feel strongly that the $85 increase should be waived for those of us who renewed early in 2013 in spite of the 2012 fiasco. I am sitting on the fence for a while.

• Like 4

Renewed with Drake again

I got a renewal notice from Drake and jumped at it. Their program gives you a $400 discount for renewing early, dropping $100/month-ish until you get up to full price. Fully refundable by 12/31. Refundable minus some kind of fee if you bail before e-filing any returns.

FWIW

Like you, I renewed with Drake. Easiest season I have had since I used to use TAASC.

• Like 2