ATX Community

K-1 Suspended Losses

maxflitom

I called ATX tech support to ask them if the ATX MAX program can assist us in tracking suspended losses from those who do not have basis in an S-Corp or Partnership to claim a loss. Does anyone know if ATX will help us track these suspended losses when we rollover returns? If it does, how is the K-1 entered so that it does not show on the current year Sch E and will rollover the suspended loss on the following year? ATX support was of little help.

maxflitom

• 1 month later...

KC,

Back in Feb you answered a question on the 6198. You made the following statement: You enter the 6198 limitation amount on the worksheet section right after the Line 20 boxes Where is the Line 20 boxes? Which worksheet? I know once you figure this out it probably goes smoothly but right now I am not getting the info in without overriding. Thanks for any help

Anne

KC,

Back in Feb you answered a question on the 6198. You made the following statement: You enter the 6198 limitation amount on the worksheet section right after the Line 20 boxes Where is the Line 20 boxes? Which worksheet? I know once you figure this out it probably goes smoothly but right now I am not getting the info in without overriding. Thanks for any help

Anne

I am having trouble here, too. Glad you asked this question. Last year I just used Form 8582 on someone and didn't even open Form 6198. The program rolled over the info to this year's 8582. Now I'm worried that I should have attached 6198. All of taxpayer's loss was/is still suspended. I guess I need to amend 2006 to attach 6198?