ATX Community

NT Barbeque

redux

Yes, don't forget, it was that feeling between 'us' and 'them' that led to the creation of THIS BOARD, when Eric, at that time an ATX employee, understood how bad the decision of CCH to close the 'official' board in early April!

Might be a good time to use that 'Donation' button again........ 

• Like 3

Ah, the good 'ol days....  Never have I felt such a connection with service providers that were nearly like family. 

But, Margaret, look at the resulting great family that we have here; and we have service providers in the form of tax, software and hardware experts all in one spot.  As a sole proprietor, this is the only place I have to go for answers that I can't figure out for myself.  This board often has an answer to a problem before it even occurs to some of the rest of us.  This is the place where you can get the "warm fuzzies" if you need them; and/or you can vent and nobody thinks you are a bad person.  These are the good new days and I know that you feel the same way.

• Like 1

Marilyn, all you say is completely true which is why I am here virtually every day.  I have two tabs on my browser which appear on opening: this and IRS.  My intention was to stress that the company employees/support that we had back then will likely not be experienced again.

I, too, am a sole proprietor and rely on this esteemed collection of experienced professionals in many ways.  You are correct about the 'family' feel here, too.  I kind of miss the birthday greetings but it was getting a bit unwieldy.  I really like during the off season and other times the sharing of our lives that takes place with pictures yet!

I'm not sure I can leave this place even if/when I retire - too many friends to lose at once.  We have to find out how certain 'kids' fare in college, for example, don't we?

• Like 2