ATX Community

Help me remember back to February... Can't open return

Jack from Ohio

I just tried to open a return that was completed and e-file 2-2-14.  I get the following message.

Forms are not yet available for this return.  Check for Updates to check for available forms.

The return may be opened after the necessary forms are installed.

I know there was a process to repair this.  But I am drawing a blank.  Can anyone with a younger stronger mind help me out?  I really don't want to call tech support.

Go to return, duplicate return, then open the new return. Or try this:

Instructions (Windows 7)
1.      Close ATX 2013
2.      Browse to the following location C:ProgramDataCCH Small Firm ServicesATX2013
3.      Select the Assets folder and press Delete
4.      Open ATX 2013

5.      Update forms

There is one thing. Deleting the Assets folder (as Illmas recommends) does not work, in ATX 2013, the way it did in ATX 2012; this is due to forms being saved both in that folder, and within the Raven Data files. ATX has a utility in the knowledgebase for this issue; the KB ID is 14839.

As well, Jack - there is a slim possibility (very slim, knowing the extent of work you do) that you do not have the state, that the return uses, marked for updates in Preferences. ensure that it is marked for updating.

There is one thing. Deleting the Assets folder (as Illmas recommends) does not work, in ATX 2013, the way it did in ATX 2012; this is due to forms being saved both in that folder, and within the Raven Data files. ATX has a utility in the knowledgebase for this issue; the KB ID is 14839.

As well, Jack - there is a slim possibility (very slim, knowing the extent of work you do) that you do not have the state, that the return uses, marked for updates in Preferences. ensure that it is marked for updating.

We have all states marked for updates, as we do tax returns for people on all 50 states.  Phone call from tech support was a waste of my time.  He was searching for symptoms to find a fix.  I asked for a level 3, he said he WAS level three.  So much for the state of the tech support department so far. 

I tried deleting the asset folder with zero results.  I will investigate the KB you indicated.  I know there was a fix, I just do not remember the steps.