ATX Community

Congratulations, Jack!

Jack from Ohio

Edit:  I moved this so that we may all wish Jack our sincere congratulations, and so that it won't hijack another topic.  It's a little misleading that the forum list shows Jack started his own thread of congrats.  lol  That was not the case. I should have used the "merge" function instead of "move".

~  Judy

True.  Note also that it does not apply to CPAs, EAs, or Attorneys, although we all know that some of them are also crooks.  The fact is, they already have enough power to regulate, just by controlling the EFINS and PTINS.  

HEY!!  I resemble that!!  Passed all 3 EA exams last week.  Just waiting on the official paperwork from the IRS.

All of this talk about regulating preparers, and the ability to properly represent clients before the IRS are the reasons I stuck with it and won.

Edited by jklcpa
moved from another topic
  • Like 13

I will not congratulate you.  I want the EA profession to be exclusive so I can charge more.  Sorry Jack, I don't want you in my club!!!!!

Besides, when I took the exam, it was 4 parts.  Now you only have to pass 3???  I guess they will do anything to lower the standards.

Just Kidding.

Well done.

Tom

Newark, CA

• Like 3

JACK --- Congratulations!

Not just for the EA (which in itself is more than warranted  -- but -- also for your perseverance and willingness to help others with your knowledge.

THANKS!

On another post --- JACK stated:

My journey has been three and a half years.  Took all three tests at once, Feb. 2010.  Passed #1 & #3, failed #2.  Over the next 2 years I took #2 three additional times and failed all three. By this time, the time had expired on #1 & #3, so I had to start over.

Test# 1 - Individuals

Test# 2 - Businesses

Test# 3 - Representation, Practices and Procedures.

July 2012 I purchased the Gleim study course for businesses (#2).  Lots of seminars, IRS forums etc., and I felt ready to take #2.  My plan was to be sure I passed #2 before I took tests #1 & #3.

There is an audio study portion of that program.  I downloaded them, burned them on CD's and for a year listened as I was driving.  30 minutes each way to work, and anywhere else I went by myself.  Their study program is also very good because it will create simulated tests.  When you take the test, you can see what the correct answer is, but more importantly, it explains why the answer is correct as well as telling you why the other answers are wrong.

Dec. 29, 2014 I took and passed Test# 2.  I asked the fellow at Prometric 3 times if he was kidding me.  He smiles and handed me the paper with proof.

Jan. 2, 2015 I took the other two tests.  Passed them both. I knew I would have no problems with #1 & #3 because those relate to the largest part of my experience.

• Like 6