ATX Community

ACA Bronze & Silver Plan Rates, and Geo Rating Area Lookup Information

Terry D EA

Here is a link that maybe very helpful that answers a lot of questions that we and our clients may have. If you need to determine the eligibility for an exemption while preparing the tax return, this site has the 2014 and 2015 market rates for the bronze plans for all States. The link will take you to  Burlington, NC which is my main target area but you can navigate to any city once there.

For Bronze -

http://www.legalconsumer.com/obamacare/rates.php?CITY=Burlington&ST=NC

Edited by jklcpa
more inclusive title, added "for bronze" in text
  • Like 3

Thanks, Terry.

Here are more additional safe links:

Tax Tools on healthcare.gov has look up info for bronze and silver, allows the user to input the zip code and choose the geo area, and allows user to look up for multiple people, not just a single person. Is supposed to be available by mid-Jan

Geographic rating areas by state  provided by CMO.gov (the official govenment site - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) and

Bronze and silver plan lookup by age and state as provided by Health Ins Marketplace & U.S. Dept of Health & Human Services.  Make sure that age is selected correctly USING THE AGE AT THE TIME THE POLICY STARTED.  This tool shows one line for both the bronze and silver costs without text and might be easier to use when we all get busier. 

Thanks, Terry.

Here are two more additional safe links:

Geographic rating areas by state  provided by CMO.gov (the official govenment site - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) and

Bronze and Silver plan lookup by age and state provided by Health Ins Marketplace & U.S. Dept of Health & Human Services.  Make sure that age is selected correctly and shown on final page because the age isn't holding after continuing on after first page.  It comes up with one line for both the bronze and silver costs without text and might be easier to use when we all get busier.

Judy, I am feeling not too bright today.  How do I use the link to get the $ amount of the insurance?  I found my county on the list for Virginia but I am not sure what to do after that.  Are both links supposed to be to the same page?  TIA.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...