ATX Community

NT I just signed up for my first full marathon

Janitor Bob

Way to go, Bob! Columbus is a great course with great crowds. I ran as a coach a few years ago and might be there again this year. I will be running the Queen Bee Half the week before and the full Flying Pig next May. That would be my 8th and last (famous last words) full but hope to keep doing half courses.

Are you training with a group or on your own? If on your own, do you have a schedule? Let me know if you would like one as I have several years from training groups. What is your goal?

I have found that those runs during tax season are great stress relievers. As I work from home, I often would run during mid-day just to get out. Be careful on slippery routes. I fell 2 weeks ago on a 5 miler and ended up with a black eye from the black ice.

Good luck even though luck has little to do with success. All the miles you put in will determine the outcome.

• Like 3

Go for it Bob.

My sons were in Columbus last summer and were very impressed by the city.

I plan on doing a duatholon the week after tax season, 5K run, 20 mile bike , and another 5K run.

Hopefully the weather breaks early this year ( although I'm not hat optimistic ) so that I can get out on the bike.

Dave T

I signed up for the Psych marathon on USA Network.  May follow it up with concentrating on the back of my eyelids.

Good for you, Bob.  The janitor life agrees with you, apparently.

Now this is my kind of Marathon ---- I cannot find it on any of my USA listings, where have you seen it --- I like Shawn & Gus  but being a guy --- like Julie more --- anyway, when is it on?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I envy people that can run. I've tried it, but I just can't get the hang of it. It doesn't feel good to me and destroys my ankles. I would love to burn more calories. My son used to walk with me, but he has discovered that he loves running and I just hold him back. Funny, all those years of being a swimmer and he hated running for dry land. I just walk at least 30-45 minutes daily on my treadmill with a 15% incline to maintain what weight I lost. It's not really fun, but I can watch tv that I missed on my dvr. 

• Like 3

I can't run, either.  Shin splints.  Plus I find I am going too fast to enjoy the trees and flowers and other things -- but not fast enough that the view changes very much.  Worst of all worlds, for me.  I love to walk, though, and can keep that up all day.  For faster -- let me near my bike!!  In the winter I contra dance.

• Like 4