ATX Community

OneDesk concerns

Terry D EA

I sent a PM.

Here are my issues:

I noticed that last year the AMT default was that mortgage interest was NOT deductible for AMT but the year before the default was all mortgage interest was deductible and I didn't check it closely enough and one got by me, the result a $2,0000 higher AMT then should have been.

But not triggering a AMT is a REAL problem that says the program can't be trusted.

the MFJ/MFS is a joke, it is only good if they use the standard deduction and have no dependents, but it's a good marketing tool.

I had a customer yesterday with gambling winnings and losses, the losses almost total wiped out his winnings.  The program carried the total winning to his state return and made no adjustment for the losses, nor was there any kind of prompting to make an adjustment.

My program still defaults all e-file authorizations to customer entered pin.  I didn't feel like doing a computer share for to figure it out.  I know it's not a settings issue.

I have a customer with 1099-R's she lives in NJ but every time I enter the information the program opens a NY return.  The pension income is from a NY state agency so even if she did live in NY it would not be taxable in NY.  I'll have to call latter today when I have time

Last year it didn't print my phone number on the return and Dan couldn't figure it out.

As for OltPro last year they were selling for almost  same price as onedesk for early purchase.  I paid $499 and I think OltPro was $599.

I hate learning a new program maybe I'll try Oltpro next year.

As was mentioned repeately and obviously ignored last year;

One Desk is a reseller for OLTPRO. Renewing OLTPRO was $430 for the desktop unlimited version. That includes all addtional fees.

"Dan" used a message board to blast out advertisements for his software which is odd enough. Then he gave away a free year of usage.

If you had used OLTPro you could call up the actual company who generated the software or you can call "Dan". You chose "Dan".

I've emailed OLTPRO with questions a few times over 2 years, that's it. I also use Drake software and Drake is 10x more difficult for me. I've contacted Drake 3x as much I'd guess - can't figure out how to get it to work sometimes. I've considered moving everything to Drake because it would be the same price for me but I've stayed with OLTPRO.

As was mentioned repeately and obviously ignored last year;

One Desk is a reseller for OLTPRO. Renewing OLTPRO was $430 for the desktop unlimited version. That includes all addtional fees.

"Dan" used a message board to blast out advertisements for his software which is odd enough. Then he gave away a free year of usage.

If you had used OLTPro you could call up the actual company who generated the software or you can call "Dan". You chose "Dan".

I've emailed OLTPRO with questions a few times over 2 years, that's it. I also use Drake software and Drake is 10x more difficult for me. I've contacted Drake 3x as much I'd guess - can't figure out how to get it to work sometimes. I've considered moving everything to Drake because it would be the same price for me but I've stayed with OLTPRO.

The free year got me