ATX Community

NT / Dear Client 2015

RitaB

Jack, you are SO SO WRONG.  This gal appreciates that too.  

Here is a pic of one that one of my clients brought to show me, btw.  32 Ford.  Yes, that's me waving. 

*Ahem, cough, cough*

I wasn't going to point out that fallacy, but I'll just give you the link below.  My husband and I both worked on this car, restoring it after being in storage.  We had this at quite a few car shows on the East Coast and national Chevelle show in Nashville, weekend cruises, and he took it to the local drag strip a few times too.  Sadly, his cancer was a factor in deciding to sell, but we had loads of fun with it for about 10 years.

Paul and Judy's 1970 Chevelle SS 396 with a 1969 427/425 Corvette engine, rectangular port heads, solid Crane cam with roller rockers, 850 Holley double pumper, 2" Jet Hot headers, and 3" Torque Tech exhaust, a Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed that transfers power to the 4:10 12-bolt posi with Richmond gears.  More info is in link that you can see and read about here, it was a feature of the month.

• Like 5

I set up the scenario first, today we woke up to 3-4 inches of snow and it's still snowing out there and traffic is a nightmare!!!

Dear Clients, I am glad you were able to take the day off work today due to the weather and thank you all for thinking of me and calling me today to let me know you have free time to stop by the office today.  Well good for you, my phone also took day off.

• Like 4

I'm a MOPAR girl, so I definitely appreciate the 'cuda and Road Runner.my dream muscle car? Dart Swinger with a 340 six-pack in plum crazy. I've got a special spot in my heart for Darts. They were a dime a dozen when I moved to CA, and was the first car I bought out here. Sadly, a roommate 'borrowed' it and totaled it. :(

• Like 1

I like both the, the rolling metal and the kind to which Catherine talks.  I have in my garage a 1981 Camaro, with a small 305, but boy does she like to go.  We bought that car off the show room floor in early 1981 in Waco, Texas and have had it ever since.  She is part of the family.  She has had the body restored to show room quality a few years ago, the interior has held up remarkably well.  And when you take the T's off and climb in on a beautiful spring day and just open her up.....................................Gosh, do we HAVE to finish this tax season?

• Like 3

*Ahem, cough, cough*

I wasn't going to point out that fallacy, but I'll just give you the link below.  My husband and I both worked on this car, restoring it after being in storage.  We had this at quite a few car shows on the East Coast and national Chevelle show in Nashville, weekend cruises, and he took it to the local drag strip a few times too.  Sadly, his cancer was a factor in deciding to sell, but we had loads of fun with it for about 10 years.

Paul and Judy's 1970 Chevelle SS 396 with a 1969 427/425 Corvette engine, rectangular port heads, solid Crane cam with roller rockers, 850 Holley double pumper, 2" Jet Hot headers, and 3" Torque Tech exhaust, a Borg Warner Super T-10 4 speed that transfers power to the 4:10 12-bolt posi with Richmond gears.  More info is in link that you can see and read about here, it was a feature of the month.

attachicon.gifChevelle1.jpg attachicon.gifChevelle2.jpg attachicon.gifChevelle3.jpg attachicon.gifChevelle4.jpg

SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I still prefer the Shelby Cobra Mustang.  It IS my dream car.  If I could just figure out what those damn 6 numbers they draw twice a week are, I will get me one of them suckers.

Tom

Newark, CA

Edited by BulldogTom
  • Like 3

I'm a MOPAR girl, so I definitely appreciate the 'cuda and Road Runner.my dream muscle car? Dart Swinger with a 340 six-pack in plum crazy. I've got a special spot in my heart for Darts. They were a dime a dozen when I moved to CA, and was the first car I bought out here. Sadly, a roommate 'borrowed' it and totaled it. :(

My parents had a Dart before they had another Dodge (don't remember the model, but can see the car in my mind) and finally a Dynasty.  Our family pretty much runs to Mopar also.

It's been one of those days and got this email this evening.

Client - I'd like a bonus of $100K. Please figure the taxes and let me know. 

Me thinking - Yeah, I'd like one of those too. Would you please just adopt me?

Me - Your net bonus will be $58K. You paid off the mortgage, less deductions and are limited, exemption phased out, the AMT, and lots of investment income. 

I receive a 2-line email from client - I'd like to clear $70K. Please call it in ASAP. :scratch_head:  His company fiscal year end is 3/31, so I DO need to call it in ASAP.

Me - Raise the bonus to $112K, leave in the 2014 overpayments, withholding on the next bonus WILL have to make up the difference AND cover the taxes on all of the investment income. Total cost to company ~ $123K.

That was almost fun because I feel like a poker player with this guy. I'm waiting for his next reply.   His dad was the same way only more difficult. With the son I have half a chance that he'll almost understand my explanation...maybe. :unsure:

• Like 4

Dear Client,

That was your last straw.  You have stood me up one too many times.  Now I am sending Rita and Catherine out to take care of you!  Good bye!

My CPA associate would say, MAS your clients don't respect you.  And I agree, it seems clients sometimes don't care.

• Like 1

Dear Client-

I have a major PITA every year...and this year you get the award.  The award is that I will absolutely not do your return in the future.

You live in a "taxless state".  You have 1 W-2.  Your wife has a T-Shirt business...which is a joke.  But, every year you give me a spreadsheet...as if it's a thriving enterprise.  There's always a loss.  I know you have an MBA from Wharton...and you know all about COGS etc.  But really, she sells 5 shirts and travels 3600 miles to do this.  She spent $2540 to repair a 3 year old computer.  And your list goes on.

But...dear client...I have warned you that this return looks ridiculous...especially because your W-2 is for $250,000.

In addition...you send me the W-2 on 1/24..with the spreadsheet...but don't get back to me until 3/24.  So...when you ask me questions...I really do not remember why I did what I did 2 months ago so that your return would not look frivolous.

You have too many years of loses.  I am not going to get fined because you're an idiot.  I don't care if her business is registered with the state and you paid a fee.

BTW...if you have one more critique of this return....I will refuse to file it.   Otherwise....just send me my check...and find someone new next year.

Edited by MsTabbyKats
  • Like 5

Dear Client,

You owe $584.  $584.  $584.   Does that warrant cussing?  You are an officer of the law.  You need to calm down and not do your tax rage thing here in my office.  Are you kidding me? $584 does not warrant that kind of response from someone in your income range.  Oh, and BTW, a good portion of that $584 would represent my fee if I charged you what your return is worth.

Geez!  It must be getting late in the season.

• Like 6

Oh my, how people are different!  The latest return I just finished was for a recent widow and former coworker of mine.  Her broker had her cash in all of her EE bonds in one year, and the interest on those totaled a little over $168K.  Last Nov when this happened and I told her she'd owe about $45K, she very calmly said "oh well, I knew it would be a lot".    She opted to wait to pay it with the return knowing there'd be no 2210 penalty due.  Have I said lately how much I love some of my clients?  The broker mistakenly thought he could convince her to contribute $70K into PA 529 plans for each of her 3 grandchildren. Sure he did....

• Like 4

Microsoft just did it's update thing - why the hell don't I get a warning before it decides to shut down my computer dammit! - as I was composing the email to my client that owes $4808 if I don't get any more deductions. Now you can only deduct what you paid in your therapeutic pool loan for medical. And no, it didn't exceed 10% of AGI. Got another 6k of medical?

• Like 4

I know.  My computer overheats, so I don't reboot in case the error lights start flashing.  Hate it when I come in in the morning and find it rebooted and is waiting for my password.  Now, I'm watching the white light to make sure it doesn't go to amber while wasting time for everything to load.

• Like 1

Microsoft just did it's update thing - why the hell don't I get a warning before it decides to shut down my computer dammit! - as I was composing the email to my client that owes $4808 if I don't get any more deductions. Now you can only deduct what you paid in your therapeutic pool loan for medical. And no, it didn't exceed 10% of AGI. Got another 6k of medical?

I know.  My computer overheats, so I don't reboot in case the error lights start flashing.  Hate it when I come in in the morning and find it rebooted and is waiting for my password.  Now, I'm watching the white light to make sure it doesn't go to amber while wasting time for everything to load.

Change the automatic update settings to download updates and allow you to choose when to update.  This will stop the overnight reboots for updates.  Find the settings in Control panel.

• Like 6

Thank you, Jack.

It's also really annoying on my laptop when I arrive at a client's site and have to wait while the updates run, or trying to close and leave a client's site while updates are happening.

I'm going to make those changes.  (Seems like it used to tell me what it was going to do, which ones were critical and which recommended, and ask me politely if it could update now.)

Edited by Lion EA