ATX Community

I am on Happy Street.....

mcb39

I just checked my acks and the client who had six states has acks on the Fed and ALL of the states.  My sigh of relief can be heard 'round the world.   Now, "only" 54 behind and appts all next week.  BUT, I can now print e-file stickers.  How about that Lion?

• Like 3

Tis a good feeling! What the heck are efile stickers?

These are the small labels with the efile logo that you used to be able to get free from the IRS.  Those of us who use them to adorn our finished returns are nearly out of them.  Last week, my daughter-in-law created a template on Word that allows me to print them by the page and in living color.

• Like 1

Marilyn shared her e-file sticker template with me (because I am special?).  I like to put them on the cover sheet for each client, I guess to show them that this old lady does do things electronically.  The IRS used to provide them free; but now that we are required to e-file, I guess they have no incentive to print them any more.  But, Marilyn has a talented daughter who downloaded the IRS e-file logo and set up a Word template.  I'm down to my last seven IRS stickers, so printed a sheet from the template Marilyn shared with me and am set for a couple of weeks. 

I can't get my clients to go paperless.  Just have a couple clients who accept the .pdf electronically instead of a paper copy for their files.  (And, a few more who want both.)  So, I add the sticker to the client copy.  But, you are right:  we are cute!

• Like 1

I can't get my clients to go paperless.  Just have a couple clients who accept the .pdf electronically instead of a paper copy for their files.  (And, a few more who want both.)  So, I add the sticker to the client copy.  But, you are right:  we are cute!

We are really cute.  Most of my clients really like and comment on my presentation folders.  Much nicer than a bunch of papers thrown together in a green and white envelope.  I have a very few clients who want their copy of the return in a .pdf format.  It doesn't cost that much for me to give them something in return for what they pay me.

• Like 4

I buy my folders at Staple's back-to-school sales (two-pockets and a different color each year) and have gone to cheap paper.  I get "year" oval stickers in silver or gold (alternating years) from M&C.  But, I like and my clients (those that actually look at their returns) like the e-file stickers, so I was glad to have Marilyn's template just in time.  I also get more expensive vinyl folders from Staples for my more expensive returns.  I match the color of paper clips, "signature" flags, etc., to the folder color for that year.  This year is navy with gold oval 2014.  And, I have a few brighter blue folders for when I have multiple returns per family.  I do get compliments on my packaging.

Get Marilyn's template. It's all set up to print on Avery labels (she'll tell you the number, but they're easy peel, so easier to use than the IRS ones).

Marilyn:  If I'm causing you extra work, I'm sorry.  I can email the template to anyone who messages me with their email address.  (But I'm at a biz client's site on Wednesdays, so it won't happen until tonight or Thursday.)

• Like 1

Get Marilyn's template. It's all set up to print on Avery labels (she'll tell you the number, but they're easy peel, so easier to use than the IRS ones).

Marilyn:  If I'm causing you extra work, I'm sorry.  I can email the template to anyone who messages me with their email address.  (But I'm at a biz client's site on Wednesdays, so it won't happen until tonight or Thursday.)

Buy the Clear labels and really impress people!!

• Like 1

Yeah, when I do a good job of applying, they do look as if printed on the cover sheet.  Avery 15695 clear easy peel pop-up edge for fast peeling.  That was what Marilyn told me to get, and they're perfect.  I think she found them on Amazon; I was having Staples deliver some other supplies anyway, so used Staples.

Not a problem.  Sharing is caring.  :)