ATX Community

Doing everything except what I should be working on...

jklcpa

Eek! My son is bringing his girlfriend over tonight after we celebrate an early Easter at my sister's tonight. We had not planned on having anyone here (grandkids don't count) so the house is very cluttered upstairs. I just keep the downstairs looking good during tax season. Instead of working, I have been shoving stuff in closets and cleaning like a crazy person. I will have to burn the midnight oil after they leave, but I'm glad to have him around and she is a super nice girl.

Enjoy your visit.  You will remember those times long after you have forgotten about whatever tax return you did not get done.

• Like 2

It's just my husband and I tomorrow and while I will cook it won't be huge quantities.  Thank heavens!

It will be much the same around here - just me and my wife - and the dogs and the ducks and the deer and the geese and the menagerie of birds and the beaver (just saw one swimming down the creek.  He should be thanking his lucky stars that this is Holy Week! :)   ).  We won't do much cooking but will do a whole bunch of nothing.  Maybe go for a walk in the afternoon.

• Like 3

My downfall during tax season is the Marshmallow Peeps... At least I do share with our GSD Goliath (he is the only else in the family that likes them) and that cut down on the numbers eaten.

OOOooooooooooohhhhhhhh........I love those Peeps.  I actually open them and let them sit for awhile and let them harden up a bit.  I am off to cupboard to see if we have any!

• Like 3

A client knocked on my door today while I was walking past, no hiding possible.  Also, no shower, no brushed teeth or combed hair, just my flannel jammies and a fleece top over it all with slippers.  We talked at the door a good long time as she dropped of their materials so I can compute amounts for extensions.  Hope I didn't scare her too badly.

Hubby will cook a ham and thaw out Cosco mac & cheese and nuke green beans and said he bought Easter chocolate for Sunday.  I set my alarm so I can make it to church.  Tonight I told him he has to have dinner at 6:09 so I can watch MSU in the Final Four!  He's making breakfast for dinner, probably omelets.

Been There done that! Especially on Sunday surprise drop offs! Hey they get what they get if they do not call first..

• Like 1

Peeps are really good roasted over a campfire. Really. Especially at Burning Man.

I broke down and bought a pie today. Just a little one, but I've been so good! Fit into jeans I haven't got into in 2 years. Which is good because I had no clean ones left....

Lion, I totally relate! Had a client show up unexpectedly right before I was going to get into the shower for my first batch of appointments. Ratty pink robe, slippers, hadn't combed my hair...but he is about 98, and handed me docs saying 'I can't seem to find all of them'.

So I was IN the shower when the first appointment arrived.

• Like 5

I went to church and sang in the welcome-all-comers "Hallelujah Chorus" and that was wonderful.  Saw a couple (real PITA clients) with complex taxes there but just to smile and wave to; I was heading the other way with great intent.  Limited myself to *one* cupcake and one small slice of lemon bread/loaf-cake at the cupcake reception afterwards and also had some tea, and carrots and dip.  NO taxes today.  

• Like 2

One of my church clients said he doesn't have his last K-1 yet and he will call them Monday.  I think he gave it to me, but I took the opportunity to say we'll file extensions and I'll give him the amounts to pay next week.  My other church client was trying to be as nice as possible in telling me I'm slow to get his grandson's prepped and that his own preparer of his very complex return was faster.  At least they both smiled.  Ate a small piece of cake that was a farewell to a supply priest that worked a lot of Sundays for us (priest in charge begins next week).  They hadn't put hot water on for tea and I'm not a big coffee fan, but I did have a mug of tea before I went to church.  Hubby the music director did a great job with his volunteer choir; he also had a paid trumpet player who was great.  It'll be a long time before our ham is ready, so I'm going to check out our Easter candy supply.

• Like 1