ATX Community

Unable to receive Acks

Ray in Ohio

Their is no communcation from them on any problem. Since they have our email addresses, if they would use them by sending us notification (or post it on there web site) of problems we would at least know that they are aware of a problem and are handling it. and most of us would just wait, rather than calling tech support. I feel that they are trying to make us want to find another tax software company or something because they sure dont seem to care.

they will post some thing tomorrow saying there was a problem. just a little late.

cliff

1040PRO of AZ

I see this is on their website now:

"Transmission Issues

2/21/2008

We are aware of the communication issues and have development working to resolve. You may be able to communicate sometimes, and sometimes not. It is simply hit and miss at this point.

Solution: just keep trying to connect and you will get thru eventually. Of course, this has greatly increased the call volume to the CS Dept, so you will have a difficult time calling CS for other issues until this is resolved."

Not terribly encouraging!!

Now THAT is a great question!

I have to say that my recent encounter with CS was actually reasonable although I was not pleased with the explanation that some 13,000 1099s were, in fact, accepted by IRS, including the 4 I called about, but ATX had to manually acknowledge them with no time frame in sight. There is also no way that I, independently, could verify IRS acceptance. It's going to be a looooong season...

Now THAT is a great question!

I have to say that my recent encounter with CS was actually reasonable although I was not pleased with the explanation that some 13,000 1099s were, in fact, accepted by IRS, including the 4 I called about, but ATX had to manually acknowledge them with no time frame in sight. There is also no way that I, independently, could verify IRS acceptance. It's going to be a looooong season...

At 2:50 PM Central I was able to transmit 4 Fed/WI piggyback e-files and received all of my ACKS from yesterday.; including the amazingly awesome one for MN . I am a happy camper...

Was just able now to send 3 returns -- but could not get ack's.

Tried several times earlier w/out being able to get through at all.

Will settle for sending successfully and waiting until later for ack's.

Me too. I have been able to send returns but not get acks. That is ok with me.

Thank you for posting the synchronization solution. I don't understand what ATX isn't offering that run around for people until the server behaves properly.

The issue was a real problem for us because we had two rejected returns and we knew the errors (typos) and wanted to correct them; however, because the status was still validated by EFC we couldn't. After I synchronized it was all better.

So for those of you having trobule still:

- launch ATX

- Click the Support Menu

- Select Tech Support Utilities

- Synchronize E-File Info with ATX

This should pick up your outstanding acknowledgements.

The one annoying thing about the sync-ing --

If you have marked your finished returns COMPLETED, it removes the X on EVERYTHING. I have had to recheck the completed box about 15 times in the last couple of weeks. To be honest, I haven't seen that sync-ing has accomplished anything in my case.

Every time I sync, I get an error message: Error Processing ACK B140303952 -- no one seems to know what that is.