ATX Community

Clients who make us laugh

jasdlm

And it's a very good thing on April 11th!

Me:  (via email)  "I hope you're expecting a big tax bill this year."

Client:  "Yep, we know."

Me:  "Do you want to know my first pass at the tax due?"  (Still waiting on a few items.)

Client:  "Not until I go check the balance in our savings account.  Hopefully it is a large amount."

Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but I laughed out loud!

Any other good laughs?

Edited by jasdlm
  • Like 2

I am meeting with the client.  Picking up their complicated return, plus the son's Easier, but now he is working in the "real World" return.

The invoice has a total for both the parents and the kid.

I ask him if he wants a separate bill for the kid, and if so how much of it too the kid?  "All of IT!" 

We both laughed.

Rich

• Like 1

Client just called.  His return has been done and awaiting pickup for several weeks.  "I am on my way.  Just wanted to let you know that I just got a flat tire on the way there.  While I was changing the tire, I bent over and my shorts ripped.  So now I have to stop at Walmart before I come to see you."

How do we look some of these people in the eye? :)

Edited by rfassett
  • Like 6

And then there was this one yesterday.  Client owns an over-the-road trucking business.  Had two drivers last year (his two sons).  Made decent money last year, no estimates and now owes tax.  Expecting to generate similar revenue, he thought he would be able to pay the tax.  Since the return was done several weeks ago, one son got a DUI so he can not drive for a year; other son got a better job and left; taxpayer decides he will drive and then hurts his back; so now they are going to sell the horse to pay the taxes and the horse died before it could be sold.  Not laughable, but I could not help myself.

• Like 3

And then there was this one yesterday.  Client owns an over-the-road trucking business.  Had two drivers last year (his two sons).  Made decent money last year, no estimates and now owes tax.  Expecting to generate similar revenue, he thought he would be able to pay the tax.  Since the return was done several weeks ago, one son got a DUI so he can not drive for a year; other son got a better job and left; taxpayer decides he will drive and then hurts his back; so now they are going to sell the horse to pay the taxes and the horse died before it could be sold.  Not laughable, but I could not help myself.

That's sad and funny. If you thought you had a bad day, think about this guy.