ATX Community

Contacting PA on behalf of client

schirallicpa

I have not dealt with PA too much, although right over the border in NYS.  I have tried to file a power of atty for my corporate client, and it was sent back with a letter stating that they will only accept POA if they request it.  Well - thats not helping!  My client isn't dealing with the problem - I am, and they have not acknowledged my letters because they are from me, not the corp, 

Very frustrating.  How can I get to someone in PA DOR that will help?

The PA DOR is so far behind (supposedly due to a conversion to a different computer system) that they are sending out delinquent notices for unpaid taxes that have been paid and processed by the taxpayer's bank months ago.  I offer that simply to enlighten you as to what you are dealing with.  If you prepared and signed the return, call 717-787-1064.  I have never had to supply PA a POA for returns I have prepared and signed.  That number is to the PA DOR Business Taxes department. If you are prompted to leave a message, do so and they will return the call.  If you did not prepare and sign the return in question, call them anyway and see how far you get.  My bet, if your are trying to resolve an issue and are nice, they will talk to you.  That is the number to the Harrisburg office.  You could also try the local field office closest to where you are at.  Sometimes they are easier to get ahold of and just as helpful.  You will have to google to find that office.  Hope that helps!  Good luck!

• Like 1