ATX Community

When Clients Have Lunch With Friends

RitaB

Client:  I was having lunch with my girlfriends and talking about the taxes we all had to pay this year.  Barb asked me if Jeff did side jobs cause they always owe till they consider the side jobs.

Me:  The only way side jobs reduce your taxes is if you lose money on them.  They are happy about losing money?

Yeah, yeah, I know what’s going on.  They are reporting expenses and not income.  I went over that with her, too.  Sigh.  I wish they wouldn't talk about taxes at lunch.  :rolleyes:
  • Like 6

Were any of the friends also hairdressers?  That would lend more weight to their advice.  /s

I think if you can document that a hairstylist is present, you can pay for the lunch and get CE credit for the meeting.

Edited by JohnH
  • Like 12

OK, I wasn't at lunch, she was just telling me about THEIR lunch, but that would be still be a Webinar, right, if I can get them to take a selfie and send it to me?  Maybe a video of key points?  They'd be happy to do that.  Right, am I right?

• Like 6