ATX Community

What is comming next...........

Elrod

We are well on our way to these scenes here.  Monday morning temp was 39 when I started my day.  Let me put that in perspective.  That is just seven short degrees away from your second picture.  The leaves are well on their way to the beauty shown in picture one.I love the four seasons - and all that they bring!  True - some days are better than others; but all-in-all, I can not imagine living anywhere else!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 4

Low overnight, here, was 47F.  Right now it is utterly glorious; upper 60's/low 70's, breeze, bright sun, dry air.  Leaves are starting to turn.  I still have hopes that my late beans give me a crop before frost.  And I am stuck inside battling recalcitrant balance sheets instead of out for a long ride on my bike.  I think I need to pout now.  Pout.  OK; better now.

• Like 7

I used to live in Michigan.  We also had four seasons.

Almost Winter

Winter

Just Past Winter

Pothole Season

WI has all of those too; plus they squeeze in Road Construction season.  Right now, though, we are having beautiful early Fall weather.  However, the freeze warnings are right around the corner.

That's true in places where rain is normal, like MD,  but out here where it almost NEVER rains, it soon goes from 'dormant' to DEAD IF YOU DON'T WATER IT AT LEAST OCCASIONALLY.    

I'm inland from Los Angeles about 30 miles. This area really is desert, so watering is necessary, plus most of the homes here have the 'Marathon" sod that stays fairly green all year. At least our whole neighborhood has the same problem. As KC states, there is a difference between dormant and dead!

Depending on the path of the hurricane, we could have anywhere from 4-10" of rain this weekend.  Ugh!

On the funnier side of things, our county police dept was having a some fun on Facebook this morning with the forecasting. Don't worry, they all promised to keep their day jobs.

hurricane_model.thumb.jpg.9f3e5cd3a6025b

• Like 3