ATX Community

Sch A - Local Sales Tax Default

Matthew in the PNW

I love it when customer service can answer a question!

Sch A

Within ATX (but not inside of a return) go to Return Manager – Forms – Customize Master Forms – Select Sch A – Open Forms – Jump to Linked Field on Line 5 – and enter the amount on Line 29/30

(Note that this has to be done on the server if you are running a server)

Client Letter

According to CS this is not an option

• Like 1

@Abby Normal  I was wondering if you've found a way to move the client cover sheet to print after the federal client letter and comparison sheets.

I went to return manager > Options > Preferences > Print > View/Edit Print Packets but couldn't find the coversheet to move it after the Federal Client Letter and comparisons. I was hoping to get it to print the same as we process our returns.

Also, our admin set his printing preferences as desired and also went into the Sch K-1 Master form and forced the client letter to NOT print. I then imported his defaults into my workstation. It seemed fine, but when I printed out a 1065 today the client letters are printing for the K-1's. I tried printing a different 1065 and none of the K-1 info printed (No letter, K-1, K-1 Codes, or K-1 Stmts).

Do you have any thoughts on this? After an hour the C.S. rep proved to be unhelpful on this one :-/

I have a ticket in but she didn't describe the scenario very well so I thought I would try your expertise.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2016 at 5:23 PM, Abby Normal said:

No, the print packets don't give you access to everything. I almost always have to rearrange the letters and cover sheets when printing a return for the first time, but I check the Remember box at the bottom so it stays right when I inevitably have to reprint the return. :)

Hey Abby, I was actually able to right-click within the print packets and re-arrange the 8879, client letter, comparison, and coversheet to print (in that order) for all returns. I haven't had to re-sort any returns yet.

I got a 5 year veteran on the phone and he explained that one to me and shook his head (over the phone) that the previous CS Rep had told me it wasn't possible. I love getting people that know what they're paid to know. :D

• Like 1