ATX Community

Toner Cartridges

BLACK BART

For anyone who hasn't ordered needed toner cartridges, here's a pretty good place to get them reasonably.  SuppliesOutlet.com is the website - they're in Memphis.  It's refills, not original equipment, but are very good quality.  I've been using them for about five years and no problems so far.  Over the years I tried almost all the used ones (remanufactured or "Remans" they call them) but something was always wrong (shipping mistakes, half-filled cartridges, prices not much cheaper than originals), so I finally gave up and started buying OEMs at Sam's Club ($68 each). Then somebody told me about this place.  A package of five for my LaserJet HP1102w printer is $70 total and a set of 2 for my Canon 4770n copier is $34 total.  I just ordered some and hopefully everything will be as good as last year.  I got a coupon from Offers.com which took $15 off the total (it's AMZ15 and I just typed it in) which worked for me, but, as you probably know, those things work sometimes and sometimes not.

Anyhow, just thought I'd pass that on to anybody interested and (:)Disclaimer) no, I don't get anything off for references.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mcb39 said:

I have also had really good luck with Cartridge warehouse through Amazon.  These aren't refills, but Compatibles.  They actually seem to give more mileage than OEM.  I haven't bought a refill for years; since one blew up inside my printer. 

Re: "Compatibles" - I looked at a carton left over from last year and it DOES say "Premium COMPATIBLE."  So maybe they aren't refills - I never paid that much attention to the cartons and just always assumed from the cheap price that they were. 

4 hours ago, TAXMAN said:

I  need hp4050 cartridges and HP LaserJet CP1525NWColor cartridges if someone has a good location.

while on subject, Does anyone know who buys back these empty's?

I checked those model numbers and they have them: HP4050 IS $29 for one and $135 for five.  Also listed is CP1525, but can't quite figure out the pricing. They don't take the empties for trade-ins, but at these prices it seems irrelevant.  Phone number is 877-822-8659.

• Like 1

Never, Ever!!!!  I always make sure that I have at least one extra on hand when I install an new cartridge.  If I don't, I order one immediately.  Most of these Compatibles will give you the option of purchasing two, three or five at an even more reduced price.  (ie. shipping)

Here's some great news, I purchased the cartridge below from Amazon.com, albeit a refill, for a total of $12.07. I had previously purchased refills from a local franchise and the last time I paid $80 for 2 of the same cartridges. I have about 800 copies so far on the $12.07 and it continues to work quite well.

1 X Compatible Toner Cartridge Q2612X For HP LaserJet 3055 (Black) - 3500 yield - Black -

Best of luck.

Mike Dubin CPA

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TAXMAN said:

Does anyone know who buys back these empty's?

If you a Rewards Member at Staples, you can take your empty toner and ink cartridges there.  They will give you $2/empty back in a store credit.  It takes a few months to process the reward. I have been buying my cartridges from SuppliesOutlet also and have not had a problem with Staples taking them.  They just ask are what brand are they, I just tell them HP. 

52 minutes ago, WendyT in IA said:

If you a Rewards Member at Staples, you can take your empty toner and ink cartridges there.  They will give you $2/empty back in a store credit.  It takes a few months to process the reward. I have been buying my cartridges from SuppliesOutlet also and have not had a problem with Staples taking them.  They just ask are what brand are they, I just tell them HP. 

Just a note on staples (not printer cartridge related - just staples related) -- remember that if an ATX user you can use Staplesadvantage.com (after sign up) for auto discounts and free shipping. There is both a free ship program to your site and you can also register a credit card and get the "advantage" price in store (if you are there).

13 hours ago, easytax said:

Just a note on staples (not printer cartridge related - just staples related) -- remember that if an ATX user you can use Staplesadvantage.com (after sign up) for auto discounts and free shipping. There is both a free ship program to your site and you can also register a credit card and get the "advantage" price in store (if you are there).

I signed up for that years ago, and when I left ATX for Drake sent my contact a note telling them.  They didn't care and told me I can still use the program for the discounts.  I suppose they would rather give me the discounts than see me go to one of the other vendors.  Just in case anyone else left ATX and wondered.

• Like 1