ATX Community

Dear OCD Client

RitaB

I can also check on my eFaxes from any device with an internet connection, not just from my email.

I used to have an 800 number from eFax, but now that my phones have national plans, I chose a local number that I liked.  I pay annually to keep the cost down and also have the smallest plan since I don't receive/send a lot of faxes.

I can send anything that's already stored on my computer.  For paper that's not stored, I still have my old stand-alone inkjet fax on a plain vanilla landline (so I can always call out during a power failure by plugging a phone into that jack) to send faxes; it's also my scanner and copier and color printer, but I don't use it for tax returns.  But, I use eFax for most faxes.

• Like 1

WARNING - Blonde Joke Follows - Do not read if you are easily offended. (KC or Judy can move it to off topic if they feel like it, but this string reminded me of this joke).

There was a dumb blonde working at a doctors office.  She faxed over some documents to a patient that had some sensitive information on it.  Being dumb, she sent it to the wrong fax number.  The person who actually received the fax called the dumb blonde and told her that the information went to the wrong number.  The dumb blonde responded "Oh, thank you so much for telling me about this.  Would you mind faxing it back to me?"

Tom
Newark, CA

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Jack from Ohio said:

I have a 4-in-1 machine.  Second "distinctive ring" phone number on my main phone line ($10/mo.).  I have a MagicJack second phone line ($23/year unlimited) that I use when things get busy.  This has worked for me for 7 years now and the 4-in-one machine is still cranking along!  Cost per page of printing, not including the paper, is $.002 page.  Not changing anything till this machine dies.  7 years (I think that is 70 printer years) and going great.

Of course Jack has a MagicJack

• Like 6

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, Abby Normal said:

Their sites says $25/mo/user. That would cost me at least $1,500/yr! It looks nice though.

I think you might be looking at their full service which includes telephone calls etc with voip phones.  I just have their eFax service. and if you have a large office, just get it for yourself [linked to 1 email] and you can forward the emails to whomever you need to at your office.

• Like 1

Over documenting by clients is one of my pet peeves.  However I would rather a client give me too much information rather than too little and chance missing a tax item.  Another pet peeve is the people that dont bother to open any of their mail that relates to taxes.  i.e. w2, 1099, 1098 etc.  I hate spending time being their mail boy.  Open your darn mail and organize it accordingly.  I can wish cant I :)

• Like 6