ATX Community

Form 8879 keeps using "I will enter my PIN"

mrichman333

Customize the Master Form to check the box you want. I don't check the box for the spouse because half of my clients are not married.

From return manager, open the Forms menu.

Edit: And it's not 8879, it's the EF Info form. I customize several things on several tabs in that form.

Edit 2: Although it looks like you could customize the 8879, if you wanted to.

28 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Edit: And it's not 8879, it's the EF Info form. I customize several things on several tabs in that form.

Easier for me just to type in '8879' than to scroll to the EF Info form. 

I just have a thing about customizing anything on the forms.  The programmers do their job and I do mine. 

I think the program is working quite well this season. I too check entered by ERO box and no problems. I will definitely be moving to OltPro or some other program at the end of the season. If OneDesk works well, I will probably go to OltPro so I don't have a learning curve to face. Very poor support this year from OneDesk. I had a call in for the last five days and have called several times since and no answers or return phone calls. I did find the error was me not knowing where the program input some information on the partner's capital on the balance sheet. Got that straight on my own.

I don't think there is any difference either. The main difference I am experiencing is with Dan at OneDesk support. For some reason, he doesn't return phone calls. I know we had words over an issue we had that I thought we had come to terms on so I hope that is not the reason he doesn't call me. I started calling about the partner capital account issue in my other post a week ago and up till this moment, no return phone calls and I had to figure it out on my own. I can't do business this way. So, and when the time comes, I will talk with OltPro to see if they will support the product better and if so, then I will make my decision. Is anyone else experiencing this type of support or is it just me?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2016 at 0:27 PM, Abby Normal said:

Customize the Master Form to check the box you want. I don't check the box for the spouse because half of my clients are not married.

From return manager, open the Forms menu.

Edit 2: Although it looks like you could customize the 8879, if you wanted to.

Where is this Master Form where I can customize change this setting for all returns? I'm not seeing this information.

The master form folks are talking about is in ATX. At least I think that is what they are referring to. In OLT or OneDesk, you can't change the forms. In this situation all you can do is check the box "entered by ero" The master form issue is one of the features about ATX that I greatly miss.

BTW, when I mentioned earlier the MFS vs MFJ has been fixed???? I was wrong. It still does not calculate correctly. I have made my mind up that I will not use OLt or OneDesk after this year. Too many short comings and features that it is lacking. Most of the time I don't trust the calculations and spend too much time double checking everything. One example, I don't even begin to trust the depreciation. I usually create my own depreciation sheets in excel to verify the software calculations. I know I will do this regardless of what software I am using but any more, OneDesk makes me too nervous.