ATX Community

Don't need that 1099

Janitor Bob

I have a very smart (usually) very highly paid client who has been driving me nuts about her Form 1095-B that her HR department told her she needed but won't get for a few more weeks.  Yes, we already e-filed.  But, she's been with the same employer for years; and yes, I asked her if she had health coverage every month in 2015 and if there were any changes.  I've explained to her three times since she got the HR email that all is well.  Not to mention that when I acknowledged her e-file acceptance I included a paragraph about her receiving a new Form 1095-B later, that we already accounted for it, but to please send me a copy and put her original in her 2015 tax folder along with her W-2 and other tax documents in the pocket - all in writing to her days ago.  She didn't remember anything I wrote her.  She remembered the HR memo INcorrectly.  Finally she reread the HR memo, and I resent her my earlier email.  But, still another set of panicked concerns.  We'll see if it's sunk in yet.

• Like 4

Then there's the ones that take 8 months to get you their info, all along sending emails and placing phones calls to your office. When they finally give everything to you they then expect to be your top priority, and be ready for filing.

I wish all forms had to be mailed out by 01/31/2015 subject to automatic penalty without waiver, and that the personal return deadline could be changed to the end of May, and lastly, that all refunds were held and mailed on the last day of tax season to eliminate 99% of the fraud cases.

Maybe that makes too much sense though.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Matthew WaitingOnWA2BaCPA said:

Then there's the ones that take 8 months to get you their info, all along sending emails and placing phones calls to your office. When they finally give everything to you they then expect to be your top priority, and be ready for filing.

I wish all forms had to be mailed out by 01/31/2015 subject to automatic penalty without waiver, and that the personal return deadline could be changed to the end of May, and lastly, that all refunds were held and mailed on the last day of tax season to eliminate 99% of the fraud cases.

Maybe that makes too much sense though.

I also have plenty of TP's who can't get their act together till the last minute then expect me to hurry up.  I dislike them the most

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mrichman333 said:

I also have plenty of TP's who can't get their act together till the last minute then expect me to hurry up.  I dislike them the most

Me, too. But a close second are the ones filing early and in a mad rush to get their free money.  I actually like it when they get another form after filing.  I get another tax return to do and can recover some of my own tax dollars.

• Like 9