ATX Community

Asset Classification Grouping

Matthew in the PNW

So I am trying the 30 day trial of the newly integrated FA add-on to allow classification by groupings (such as location).

The account manager said to give it a try, and it seems easy enough coding each of the assets. I couldn't, however, get the 4562 detail report to print out any of these classifications/groupings. Seems like the account manager/sales center might be closed (it's after 3pm PST) so I couldn't get back through there. I then tried CS and they don't even have the add-on feature so that call was useless.

Can anyone tell me how to get the depreciation reports to print out using the classifications you've coded in?

A couple more hours with support and it looks like ATX removed FAM for 2015 and fully integrated everything within the ATX platform.

Per the FA CS department, there is no way of importing from Excel or otherwise this year. All assets must be hand keyed.

For those interested, there is also an issue with ATX not printing out state depreciation reports that depart from Federal depreciation standards.

In regards to printing special depreciation reports note that after clicking the 30-day trial you ALSO have to go to the reports tab and download the crystal reports link. After that go to here - http://files.cchsfs.com/doc/atx/2015/Help/15.4/Default.htm#Both-SSource/FAM Plugin/Custom Reports.htm?Highlight=enhanced asset manager to get the report set up the way you want. Once set up you can't just print the report with the return as I understand it. I found that if you go to the right and click "Preview Mode", there will be an option to print the report as a stand-alone. This should print what you want.

I highlight them from the previous acct's PDF schedule > right click export (and select excel) and then edit the sheet until it's in an exportable format. That worked great for importing into FA Manager and then immediately exporting to ATX.

"Worked" being the past tense form. I thought about rolling multiple years but the last year we had to do this apparently was 2008.