ATX Community

New York State Nonresident Form IT-203

BobH

Tax return preparers include:   Tax return preparers exclude:
  • employees of tax return preparation businesses who prepare at least one New York State return
  • partners who prepare returns for clients of a partnership engaged in a commercial tax return preparation business
  • anyone else paid to prepare at least one New York State return or report
  • currently licensed Certified Public Accountants (CPA) or Public Accountants (PA)
  • enrolled agents
  • attorneys currently licensed to practice law
  • employees of a CPA, PA, enrolled agent, or law firm who prepare tax returns under the direct supervision of a CPA, PA, enrolled agent, or attorney of that firm
  • employees of a business who prepare that business’s return or report
  • clerical employees
  • volunteer tax preparers
  • Like 1

Anyone have any personal experience with this?  I created an account.  Not happy about needing to to enter my SSN just to e-file 3 NYS returns per year.  Who knows how secure their website really is.  Yet even after registering I cannot find my  NYTPRIN?

How do I find it in my account and how do I enter it into ATX.  This is crazy.  They should have exempted out of state preparers.  Ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Chowdahead said:

Anyone have any personal experience with this?  I created an account.  Not happy about needing to to enter my SSN just to e-file 3 NYS returns per year.  Who knows how secure their website really is.  Yet even after registering I cannot find my  NYTPRIN?

How do I find it in my account and how do I enter it into ATX.  This is crazy.  They should have exempted out of state preparers.  Ridiculous.

Once registered they should have given/sent you a "preparer certificate" online. That has your number.  If you need to reprint the certificate go to https://otc.tax.ny.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001 and under tax professionals sign in and on the left side is a column that says "tax preparers registration program". Under that heading is a 'marker" for printing or reprinting your certificate.

That is where I find mine.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, BobH said:

Page 4 of Form IT-203 requires an entry in the box for NYTPRIN excl code.  I know the code, but how do I enter it?  I do not have a NYTPRIN and this is the only New York State return I will prepare this year.

sort of depends on what software you are using

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2016 at 9:33 PM, easytax said:

Once registered they should have given/sent you a "preparer certificate" online. That has your number.  If you need to reprint the certificate go to https://otc.tax.ny.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001 and under tax professionals sign in and on the left side is a column that says "tax preparers registration program". Under that heading is a 'marker" for printing or reprinting your certificate.

That is where I find mine.  Hope this helps.

Thanks, that did it!  I sent the few NY returns I had pending last week!!