ATX Community

Question about Donations (simple question)

Pacun

Have you donated lately? If not, please donate some money so that we have this lovely site up and running. Eric will appreciate that we appreciate his efforts. If you cannot donate during tax season, do you think it is easier for you to donate in November or December?

• Like 10

We must keep Eric happy.  This is too valuable a resource to lose!!!

Let's make sure that he gets enough donations to take care of the site in the most excellent way AND even take his family out for a nice dinner!!  I think the dinner is a very fitting thing for him to spend some of our donations on.  I/we certainly appreciate him that much!!!

• Like 6

This is a very valuable resource and we have two kind of people and two formulas that we can follow.

1.- I charge an average of $80 for regular returns (not complex ones). I would suggest that amount for every 200 clients.

2.- I take a ruler and I measure my heart and I assign a dollar amount to each inch of my heart.

I compare both amount and I donate which is bigger. Other people will donate whatever amount is smaller, but that up to you.

Joking aside, I think it is very hard to answer this question: "I donated last week.  What $ range is the usual?" Keep in mind that we don't mind if you change your mind and donate again keeping in mind the formulas above. My mind is tired now.

• Like 1

You folks are way too generous.  

The site consumes about 10-12% of the CPU on my server, and donations generally cover about 1/3 of my annual hosting bill. 

I think I may use part of the donations to buy a model rocket for my kids for Easter, along with electronics bits and pieces to build a fancy launch controller.  4 years old might be a little too young to learn the basics of microcontroller programming, but we can start with circuits, switches, and lighting up LEDs :)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Eric said:

donations generally cover about 1/3 of my annual hosting bill.

OK; that is insufficient.  You should not be losing ANY money on keeping this service going for us.   I will be donating more, once I get my main computer going again (yes, my main computer seized up today, I think it knew I was thinking of retiring it after the end of April and it decided to throw a fit; I have gotten ZERO tax work done today and don't know if I'll get any done tomorrow either). 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eric said:

You folks are way too generous.  

The site consumes about 10-12% of the CPU on my server, and donations generally cover about 1/3 of my annual hosting bill. 

I think I may use part of the donations to buy a model rocket for my kids for Easter, along with electronics bits and pieces to build a fancy launch controller.  4 years old might be a little too young to learn the basics of microcontroller programming, but we can start with circuits, switches, and lighting up LEDs :)

2 minutes ago, Catherine said:

OK; that is insufficient.  You should not be losing ANY money on keeping this service going for us.   I will be donating more, once I get my main computer going again (yes, my main computer seized up today, I think it new I was thinking of retiring it after the end of April and it decided to throw a fit; I have gotten ZERO tax work done today and don't know if I'll get any done tomorrow either). 

I totally agree with Catherine!!

Eric, could you post what your annual hosting bill is?  Don't be shy.  My gift may be too small, once I have some numbers to use for consideration.

• Like 2

Thank you Eric. This is the only forum that I follow on the internet. I really appreciate those who contribute, and the way that you and the moderators keep the site professional (and fun). I love "Laugh of the Day." I also have found important answers to issues that come across my desk--usually at just the right moment. So now I have just contributed my two-cents, and $$! Keep up the great work. :)

• Like 2