ATX Community

Help Needed with Oregon Tax Return

jmallard

I just acquired a client who moved from Oregon to California on 1 April 2007.

I need to know what forms I need to e-file the Oregon Return. I've never done an Oregon Return before.

Client is MFS (husband in prison) with only 2 W-2s ($15835 income, half from California, half from Oregon).

I'm filing client as Part-Year Resident of California, do I only need the Oregon 40P (For Part-Year Residents) and the OR E-file info?

The OR 40P only shows the Oregon Income (that's nice).

The form only shows 4 letters of the spouse's last name, should I Override and add the last two letters of the last name?

Is there a Form 8879 or 8453 equivalent that needs to be filed? These forms or similar were not listed in the Oregon forms.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/ESERV/docs/tp-handbook-2007.pdf

page 8

"8. Retain copies of the signed Oregon Form EF or federal PIN signature form with

appropriate schedules, W2s, and 1099s for three years. Do not send us any

documents unless requested to do so."

And don't override the name. The odd 4-letter field is the state specification for the computer-generated form.

http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/ESERV/docs/tp-handbook-2007.pdf

page 8

"8. Retain copies of the signed Oregon Form EF or federal PIN signature form with

appropriate schedules, W2s, and 1099s for three years. Do not send us any

documents unless requested to do so."

And don't override the name. The odd 4-letter field is the state specification for the computer-generated form.

If you have a 8879 signed form Oregon will accept that. Don't need to use or have a signed EF form. Only if you are Efiling an Oregon Only return and not federal