ATX Community

Is anyone here a forensic accountant?

ILLMAS

Well the problem really doesn't have to do with accounting, it's more of an ATX problem, but here is the situation:  I was waiting on the TP to give me their unreimbursed mileage for use of personal vehicle for work, once I received it, I finalized the return, printed everything and mailed a copy to my client.  Today they call me to let me know their refund was less, when I opened the file this morning, the mileage was missing therefore reduced the refund.  I know it's easy to say I didn't save it, however the TP had called me the same day to inquire about refund and I opened to file and the refund included the mileage, has anybody else had this problem before?  Feel like calling ATX :angry:

MAS

I have noticed this year I have to manually check the box sometimes and tell the program which deduction to use, SMR or actual.  Even with no actual expense entered, and a vehicle that has been used in the past.  I've had to reprint a couple times.  I hope nothing got by me.  And I wish it weren't such a chore finding things on the vehicle worksheets and home office worksheets.  Seems so difficult because the part of the worksheet you're seeing is so limited.   So much scrolling and driving past what you need.

The thing that I have noticed this year is that when I click my mouse to check a box, that the box sometimes won't stay

checked, so that I end up having to click again and wait to see if the box stays checked. I haven't taken the time

to keep track of which boxes. Since that is the only problem I have had this year, it's a minor annoyance compared

to 2012 thru 2014

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cbslee said:

The thing that I have noticed this year is that when I click my mouse to check a box, that the box sometimes won't stay

checked, so that I end up having to click again and wait to see if the box stays checked. I haven't taken the time

to keep track of which boxes. Since that is the only problem I have had this year, it's a minor annoyance compared

to 2012 thru 2014

I use Drake but I have noticed that since I upgraded? to windows 10 sometimes boxes don't stay checked.

I first noticed with ATX 2012, and then with ProSeries since then, that updates can sometimes change the way a return calculates.  And if I go back into a return and change something after I print the copies, it lets me change it, even accidentally.  Way back in the dark ages I could mark a return complete in ATX and it took quite an effort to change something.  I try, before e-filing, to look at the summary and make sure the refund still says what I expect it to.  Then immediately e-file before something happens that could change what I have done. 

• Like 3

Just recently had the screen freeze and grey out while working on an 8949.  I think I remember it happening once before the update so can't be 100% the update had anything to do with it.  Didn't lose anything, only time in restarting.  I'm on a standalone.  Update becomes mandatory for e filing any day now.  Finished up about 10 returns after that with no issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ram32 said:

Had the same issue with the 8949 but only when putting in wash sale code and amount. Screen goes white and I have to control/alt/delete the program to restart. Happened three times each with wash sales. Only 18 more days!

Exactly what I was doing.  We're on to something here.