ATX Community

Married Filing Seperately

P MCCARTHY

Client has a 1099C and a 1099S  and is insolvent.  Question is she is separated from her spouse, wants to file MFS, husband has military disability income only (not taxable income), does not work; does the military disability income become apart of her reporting? Lives in the state of California.  What if the husband does not provide the information if it is required to be included in her income?  :ninja:

22 minutes ago, P MCCARTHY said:

:ninja:

^ Ninja, really?!

Do you use ATX?  Also, I noticed in your profile that your email is to HRB. Do you still work for HRB, because I'm surprised that you are here asking for help and that you don't have resources at your disposal to answer this, or to take the question to a higher level.

Many of us devote time freely to help our fellow members, mostly ATX users or those of us that started with ATX, but I'd like to think that we aren't supporting the large chain preparers that have many other resources available to them.  My time is is too valuable for that.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

^ Ninja, really?!

Do you use ATX?  Also, I noticed in your profile that your email is to HRB. Do you still work for HRB, because I'm surprised that you are here asking for help and that you don't have resources at your disposal to answer this, or to take the question to a higher level.

Many of us devote time freely to help our fellow members, mostly ATX users or those of us that started with ATX, but I'd like to think that we aren't supporting the large chain preparers that have many other resources available to them.  My time is is too valuable for that.

AGREE!!