ATX Community

Worst possible response

Abby Normal

18 minutes ago, BHoffman said:
Client Email to me today:
"Don’t beat me up.  Here are all but one. The brokerage was supposed to have faxed a statement on the withdrawals from my IRA’s One was $5k, the other a little over $15k. That was an accident. And I DID have 10% of each ‘withheld’ for taxes.  Faxes never came. I tried to log in, and could not. I tried to call but nobody was there.  I’ll try first thing Monday.  I cannot receive faxes. It was supposed to go to my wife's office. Send me your FAX number and I will have it sent directly to you."

My reply:
"Haha! No beatings for you.  Your tax return is on extension, so there's no emergency regarding the paperwork. My fax has been broken for about 6 months." 

:D Liking those extensions this year :D  And "Don't beat me up"????  I have gone off on this guy before for the last minute madness.  Every.  Single.  Year.  Except this year.

And a substantial increase in fees...

• Like 2

I just sent a client home with her tax information.  She was a "gone for two years" retread.  I did not miss her, but thought she might be different.  (not a chance!!)  I increased her fees 30% above my normal.  She smiled, wrote the check and said.. "See you next year."

I was hoping to discourage her, but apparently whomever she was using treated her badly.  Next year, another increase.

• Like 1

"And typed words have no inflection. Inflection can totally change the meaning of a sentence like:

I never said he embezzled money from his business."

I never said he embezzled money from his business.

Yep, 7 ways.

• Like 3