ATX Community

State Extensions Rant

Terry D EA

Watch out for this. This damned program will not let you file a State extension past the 15th. A huge red flag comes up and says "the time has expired for filing an extension" and WILL NOT let you complete one. Maybe it was just me this season but I have had nothing but trouble with OneDesk. Continuous exception errors, slow printing, miss calculations initially only to correct themselves later, the MFS vs MFJ is totally useless. Had to fight like hell to get the program to accept 179 depreciation deductions. To say lack of support, is an under statement. Dan must have decided to ignore some of us as far back as February. I remember reading that someone else on this board could not get return phone calls. Lately, I have had to contact OltPro to get help. Had a return stuck rejected cause of a misspelled name. Called Dan, and he has never returned the phone call. Olt support did but couldn't fix the other errors, seemed to make it no big deal and said something else on my machine was accessing their files which was the reason for the errors.

Now this mistake with NC extensions. Just to verify I checked with the NC website and you can file an extension up till midnight on the 18th. I mean really, this is totally inexcusable. I wish I could say thanks to OneDesk for a good experience but I cannot. So adios OneDesk and, Drake here I come. Well I guess I could say thanks for pushing back to a quality software package and reinforcing the old saying that you get what you pay for. Ok rant over!