ATX Community

NT-Sticky Notes on Screen

JohnH

10 minutes ago, JohnH said:

This opens up even more possibilities for sticky notes.

It sure does. I only remember looking at those sticky notes from when I first got my computer with Win 7 and did the "tour" of what was new with that OS, and I didn't remember seeing those additional formatting options. I might have been inclined to use those notes had I realized I had the ability to make the font bigger and use strike through on them!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I found another one while tinkering with the keyboard.  Here's the expanded list.

Type of Formatting        Keyboard Shortcut

Bold Text                        Ctrl+B
Italic Text                        Ctrl+I
Underline                        Ctrl+U
Strikethrough                  Ctr+T
Bulleted List                    Ctr+Shift+L   (press again to switch to numbered list, etc)
Increase Text Size          Ctr+Shift+>
Decrease Text Size        Ctr+Shift+<
  • Like 2

I had to update my scanner software for our check scanner to make client deposits. Windows couldn't delete the old software. Wouldn't install the new software. Kept saying to close Internet Explorer which I had closed.

After about 1/2 hour of trying, decided I'd close down the sticky note and bam - software immediately completed deleting and installing.

Sticky note must be linked to Internet Explorer in some way.

weird this happened my very first day using it.

What are some of the ways people are using this?  Can you save them to a file?  If so, how are they organized by topic or client file?  Are they just temporary reminder lists to yourself?  I've used the Acrobat post it notes on pdf files but they are specific notes for that pdf.  And I can save them attached to that pdf file.

I have one that's a list of faxes I've sent to the IRS so I know to look for a reply or do a followup. Another is a list of things to do that are urgent. One is a list of fiscal year clients so I know when my odd due dates are. One is an FBAR list.

Instead of reaching for a pencil and paper, I create a sticky note.

The data is saved (obviously) to a file, but you can't save them to another file. You can copy and paste into them. I have one that's made up of some spreadsheet cells.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggest you click on it and chose "Pin to Start Menu" for both it and the Snipping tool.  Then it's always there with one click.  Or pin to your task bar, if you use it all the time.  

Might want to check out all those 'accessories' as they are things that many asked for over the years, so MS added as 'value-added' extras.  

Sticky Notes should run at start-up automatically. Snipping tool is on my Quick Launch toolbar. Microsoft likes to tell Quick Launch is no longer available, but it's there and I have 27 programs on it.

And you can drag it so it fits under the pinned icons on your task bar. You may have to make your taskbar a little taller (or wider if you have it on the side like I do.).

Taskbar.JPG

• Like 1