ATX Community

Can't Transmit

Terry D EA

Have a 2015 return that is stuck in "queued for transmission". Has been there since 4:43 PM. I called OLT because as usual, Dan won't answer the phone, and they said it would go sometime before the end of the day. What the heck, anyone else experiencing this? I transmitted a 2014 on Drake and it was filed and accepted within two minutes. Man am I glad I switched.

• Like 2

Here it is day 2 of this dilemma. I can pass this on. If you still plan on using OLT next year, I wouldn't go with the OneDesk software. Don't know for sure what happened to Dan. OLT has told me that problems with Dan were recognized back in January with numerous complaints of him not returning phone calls. This was only one of the issues. So, without taking time to identify other problems I will let sleeping dogs lie. If you have any needed support, call OLT, they will help.

I haven't had any of the problems you've had. Not sure if they are some sort of OneDesk issue or what.

I had an efile not go through immediately before and just edited the efile and resubmitted it and poof- went through.

Be aware that in Drake, you'll occasionally get efiles that say they are pending but actually went through. I've had to call Drake a few times and they (it seems) manually change it to accepted in the system.

After the meltdown of TRX - I resolved to not deal with resellers. TRX is again bombing me with emails, a letter in the mail and they've called. Can't believe anyone would still use their product or they are still using the same names.

39 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Be aware that in Drake, you'll occasionally get efiles that say they are pending but actually went through. I've had to call Drake a few times and they (it seems) manually change it to accepted in the system

I've never had that happen and there are hardly any (I found 2) posts about it on Drake's forum. One reason that may happen is if someone is processing with more than one computer.  Sometimes it is resolved simply by processing the acks again within the program, and sometimes it requires Drake to rehang the ack or rebuild the EF database.  That can happen with any of the tax software, and it has certainly happened with ATX.

I don't see that as any big deal, and the difference with Drake is that if the user does have a problem, they answer the phone and will almost always be able to solve the problem quickly. If they can't find the solution quickly, they WILL further research it and make a follow-up call back to their customer.

• Like 1

I'd imagine it is the "rehang the ack". They fix it IMMEDIATELY when I've called but it happens about 2x per year for me and I only do about 40-50 returns with Drake. I agree with their fans 100% that Drake has exceptional customer service but in my opinion so does OLTPro. I've never had a problem with getting in contact with either of them and getting an immediate solution.

As you said, it maybe a OneDesk thing. I too received good service from OLT Pro. But that was a little to late. If you have the OLT PRO version, check AZ state and see if it has 2011 instructions. I just did a NR AZ return this evening and the instructions were from 2011 in OneDesk. That is totally unacceptable. They did this with NC as well. I caught that in January. I have had the non-transmit thing happen twice with no answers from OLTPro as to why. No follow-up either to see if the return actually got filed, which it did. Personally, I can't deal with this any longer. It is embarrassing. I don't try to figure problems out in front of clients, but it is hard to make-up some excuses for some of this stuff.

When I was with ATX, had to rehang ACKS every year. So, I agree with Judy that each program will experience this. None of them are 100% perfect but there are no excuses for the trouble I have had this year. I may do a wider variety of returns than most which could be why I faced so many issues.