ATX Community

Intuit Link for ProSeries

Ringers

Are any of you ProSeries users currently using or contemplating using the Intuit Link program which since the 2015 program has been bundled into the tax program at no additional charge?  In case you are not familiar with it, it is a secure portal that can be used to get information from your clients via e-mail and automatically keeps records of what was requested and what has been received.  I tired it out using my own personal return with some test questions and organizers, and it seems to work pretty well at gathering information via password protected e-mails and even has an invite program for the taxpayer directly from Homebase in the program.  I just don't want to invest a lot of time learning the program and training my clients in its use only to have Intuit turn around and charge for the program in later years, much like ATX is now doing for their payroll program filings.  What do you think?

I am cautious about bundling too many things into one basket for the reason you give in your post.  I don't want to have to change tax software because of issues with the portal service went up, and I don't want to have to change portal services because of issues with the tax software.  And price is not the only issue.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Update to old post...

The Intuit Link Portal feature is OK but it's Not very good! 

Why?

ProSeries does NOT publish the (2016-2017) tax return pdfs Directly to the site as you must manually publish it to, say, the Desktop then manually upload it yourself.

Also, it does Not allow you to download a Batch of docs together but do so one... at... a.. time!

Talked to Tech support and that's how it is. 

The portal's ONLY saving grace is that it allows clients to upload their tax docs securely, otherwise, the clients would just email the tax docs.

The site has No editable/functional features that it's almost useless!