ATX Community

Drake - New Features

JohnH

I'm still absorbing some of the new features in Drake, but several look very interesting on the surface.  Their Fixed Asset Manager is supposed to be greatly improved and customizable.  They now offer a pop-up menu at the top of the screen for navigation and several other features.  And a right-click gets you lots more options this year.  Many years ago I read an article which said you should always right-click anytime you are working on a document of any type, just to see what's available.  I use right-click in Word and especially in Excel, so it's nice to see this feature being expanded in Drake. 

Here's a link:

https://drakesoftware.com/service-learning/videos/new-features-for-drake-tax-2016/

• Like 2

John,

Like you, I am new to Drake this year as well and do like a lot of the features. Especially the support, it is fantastic. The link below might be helpful. This is a list of hot keys to use in the program. For instance, I did not know how to remove a form that I had already made entries and then deleted the entries. The form wouldn't go away. One call to support and I got the link below. Will be very helpful for me.

http://kb.drakesoftware.com/Site/Browse/12130/Drake-Hot-Key-Shortcut-List?Keywords=hot+keys

• Like 1

The right click also works in the situation you just described. Drake usually provides multiple ways to accomplish the same task.

By the way, if you haven't experimented with macros in Drake, you should do so.  They can save you lots of data entry time, especially for repetitive entries.

• Like 3