ATX Community

website setup

DANRVAN

I pay it annually so don't remember for sure.  All-in with content, opt-in newsletters, FileShare, total choice over what content I choose, ability to change templates, colors, reorder/add pages, copy/paste my own content &/or type in any changes, or just set-it-and-forget-it and let it make monthly changes to keep things fresh with no effort on my part, I'm sure I must pay around $1,000.  I remember it as pricey (maybe $800 all those years ago), but it was set up and ready to go without me touching it (salesman had my company name and info already entered for my free trial) so I didn't have to do a thing until I had some spare time after tax season that year.  I did change templates some time back but don't like the one I'm using as much anymore (it shifted some things when they updated for mobile phone usage by our clients/prospects/shoppers, so I'll pick a new template after tax season or some sleepless night.  Anyway, I liked my trial and paid the bill and keep renewing.  I do very little except pay the bill.  By the way, I get discounts on all CCH products, because I use more than one product.  If I remember correctly, ATX users have a lower price for SiteBuilder than ProSystem fx users, so your cost may be lower.  :D  I have wonderful customer service from SiteBuilder.

I use CPA Site Solutions and get one of their basic packages; $52.50/month.  Comes with 10 email addresses (of which we use three), huge file share portal, monthly e-newsletter that goes out to all clients (who have email; a couple of elderly hold-outs don't), monthly articles on-site updated automatically, various financial calculators, an available online organizer (that I don't use), integrated online payroll and accounting (that I don't use), and more.  Support has been excellent on those rare instances when I have a question or problem.  Took me way longer to decide which of the standard templates I wanted to use, than to set up the site once I chose it.  

Go look if you wish; it's www.grant-financial.com

And one colleague has said good things about her new site through GetNetSet dot com and I think there is some discount for NATP members.

6 hours ago, DANRVAN said:

I am leaning towards thesitefactory.com, they have a specialized format for accountants and taxpo's, looks like it can be easily customized and cost $16.25 per month.

Looks like a good starter kit for now.

The site admin at Tax Pro Talk recently launched the site factory.  Here is his most recent post about it.  https://www.taxprotalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8059