ATX Community

E-filing a 1040 Return

Dan

2017 Tax Filing Season Opens Today

IR-2017-06, Jan. 23, 2017                                                                    

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service said today that it successfully started accepting and processing 2016 federal individual income tax returns on schedule. More than 153 million returns are expected to be filed this year.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/2017-tax-filing-season-opens-today

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 3:35 PM, MDEA said:

I have more than 100 returns accepted as of this morning. A few people without children have Federal and MD refunds already.

Eeegads!  I only complete a total of 400 returns.  If I were as efficient as you, I would be 25% through the season.  I only have 9 drop offs so far, and only 2 of them have all necessary information.  :spaz:

• Like 2

I also e-filed one individual, and have our own individual return input completed. I'm waiting on our 1099-SA forms.  I did e-file the C corp return for my own business last night too.

None of my clients have all of their documentation yet so I'll have a couple more weeks before the onslaught.

• Like 2