ATX Community

No more line 61?

grmy2h

17 minutes ago, BHoffman said:

The individual mandate is a tax, and it is in place as a law. The IRS is charged with enforcing the tax law. The President's duty is to uphold the law.  Only Congress has the authority to make or change the law. 

Exactly.  And you still have tax preparers telling people not to file that 2007 tax return with taxes due.  Not because they don't owe, but because they will get a pass from IRS. And us poor schmucks and our poor schmuck clients who paid up in 2007 just keep our heads down and keep footing all the bills.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2017 at 10:51 AM, RitaB said:

Well, my version is still 16.5.6229.31762.  Is anyone besides Jack able to create an e-file for a non-dependent in ATX while ignoring the issue of health insurance?   If not, I'm keeping my trap shut to clients until something changes.  No need in getting them excited about a return I can't even e-file.

I'm in the same boat as  you RitaB.  Still getting the red error message when the box is unchecked.

• Like 2