ATX Community

E Filing Smooth?

JohnnyatChicago

Yeah, mine's going "smooth", so to speak, but I'm also getting replies that a few returns have been "accepted, but with messages" by IRS.  Called EF center and the people there are clueless and can't tell me what the messages are.  Don't know what to do about that except we have double-checked the returns again and can't find anything wrong.  So anyway, I guess we'll just live with it until they start rejecting them altogether.

• Like 1

Black Bart, I have gotten these in the past and I found that if I open the return and from the e-file menu and select display rejection errors, that I get to see the messages.

I have written ATX about this to see if they can add new menu option do display messages.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BLACK BART said:

Yeah, mine's going "smooth", so to speak, but I'm also getting replies that a few returns have been "accepted, but with messages" by IRS.  Called EF center and the people there are clueless and can't tell me what the messages are.  Don't know what to do about that except we have double-checked the returns again and can't find anything wrong.  So anyway, I guess we'll just live with it until they start rejecting them altogether.

You will get this message on any return that you do not have full coverage for the full year checked.  It is just a reminder of how the client can sign up for the health care, it is not any thing that we as tax preparers have done wrong, it's just a reminder that the client needs to remedy the situation for future years.  Thing is it is also showing up on dependent returns where we are specifically told not to check the box.  I have had several of these, don't lose any sleep over them.

• Like 1